2011 heavy magwell

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kk4364 said:

Really? What I'm confused about is when ordered it was just called steel Insert magwell. So is there another one available with a chrome looking top?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Its confusing and how I wound up with one of each. He’ll finish the top however you want it. @lacivilian has one with a black top and gold insert. 

The V2 has a smaller opening and a convex funnel.  This prohibits the magazine to be inserted at an angle which can get stuck on an EVO grip.   

Innovative Curved Bottom Magazine Profile - Corrects for both Planar and Rotational Insertion Errors

Bypasses Grip's Magazine Lead-in Profile,  Giving the Magwell Full Control of the Magazine Path, Resulting in Nearly Identical Experience Across All Grips

I still haven't decided if I like the V1 more than the V2.

Currently have it on a factory grip with no undercuts done. Kind of feels right with my small/medium hands. But V2 is still my vote as far as the "one to get" until I figure out some magic geometry that edges out V1.

I ordered the v2 a couple days ago, or at least i hope its the v2. it doesn't say on there website but the pics and description are of the v2. I also just got a pt evo grip, so once the new gun gets here ill be installing both of them. I'll post some pics and let you guys know what i t think of it.

Edited by sean_stw

2 hours ago, andersonj55126 said:

Has anyone switched from the large hands version of Dawson to this new L.C. v2?  How does it feel?

The limcat forces the hand up higher.  I'd put it in between the dawson big hands and the standard dawson in terms of how much room I have for my strong hand.  I still have a big hands on my backup gun and it's not a completely different feel at all.  Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I do not think the limcat is too big for me and I am 6'5" 270 with man hands.  I feel like I have plenty of room.  The ribbon cut on the Limcat is very similar in function to the cut on the dawson BH... its just not as extreme.

Edited by tha1000

9 hours ago, andersonj55126 said:

Has anyone switched from the large hands version of Dawson to this new L.C. v2?  How does it feel?

I switched from the Ice Large hands to the V2. The limcat wins hands down. It isn’t even a fair comparison. 

9 hours ago, andersonj55126 said:

I did. The LC is a little thicker on the top part but still plenty of room for big hands. It pushed slightly on the bottom meat of your hands but it works for me. 

I just received my V2 magwell.  Its grip size feels somewhere in between Dawson big hand and the normal Dawson.  It is really heavy that is for sure.

Here are some weights

LC V2 = 4.8oz

Dawson big hands = 1.4oz

My open gun is up to 54.9oz with this magwell.  Will have to see how it goes.  I could always change main spring housing to aluminum to save a little weight.

Edited by andersonj55126

On 5/6/2018 at 7:44 PM, rowdyb said:

I used the steel Atlas magwell on the pt evo grip that came on the Atlas. It indeed adds noticeable weight!

Ditto. However, I’ve heard the LimCat helps with those reloads that tend to jam a little if they are off angle. Thoughts?

14 hours ago, Sdlrodeo said:

Ditto. However, I’ve heard the LimCat helps with those reloads that tend to jam a little if they are off angle. Thoughts?

It got rid of those 100% for me. I can't get them stuck if I tried. 

Edited by echotango

On 9/30/2018 at 12:56 PM, Sdlrodeo said:

Cool. Thanks for the response. I might have to pick one up. 

I did a short gif/video on facebook of it in action.  Not sure if I can link it or not.

ETA:  Ok got it working.  Main take away is that if you are anywhere in the zip code of the magwell, it's going in.

Edited by tha1000