• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

These Limcat Brass magwells in stock anywhere??  I asked them a few times when they expect them, and it's always "next week".  Longest 7 days i've ever seen. 

They are stupid heavy.  I had one and preferred the standard version.  Sold my brass one to @lacivilian who now has the world's first 25# open gun.

42 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

They are stupid heavy.  I had one and preferred the standard version.  Sold my brass one to @lacivilian who now has the world's first 25# open gun.

I do much prefer the brass magwell over the aluminum topped one. Heavy in the hands doesn’t matter as much because it changes the balance point. 

I do like the brass top with a plastic grip gun. Being that steel grips is all I use I went with the steel top ones on all my open guns and love them. Always keep an extra one on hand just in case as they are hard to find. 😎

• 1 month later...

Greetings gang,

Aren't you guys with the steel grips worried about having too much weight?  This subject was lightly touched upon a few pages back... I also know this is pretty subjective.  Are there any magwells that correct a crap mag insert that isn't made of steel or brass?  

Thanks,
KG

4 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

Greetings gang,

Aren't you guys with the steel grips worried about having too much weight?  This subject was lightly touched upon a few pages back... I also know this is pretty subjective.  Are there any magwells that correct a crap mag insert that isn't made of steel or brass?  

Thanks,
KG

The magwell with a steel grip certainly does not hurt the balance or the feel at all for me. That being said I believe that PT and Akai among others have picked up on this and made their own versions of this magwell. Should be more and more options out there all the time. 

6 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

Greetings gang,

Thanks,
KG

I’m running an aluminum topped LimCat V2 on my steel grip Atlas but I have a  brass top V2 on my plastic grip STI. They actually feel pretty close in the hand and under live fire. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/15/2018 at 10:52 AM, Harlow said:

I'm really tempted because my edge has a polymer grip and I'd really like the extra weight. Only thing is I have Dawson basepads which apparently don't work with the magwell. Don't really want to shell out more money for tti pads.

If you have 170 you can just use those. I use 4x170mm mags for now.

Got mine today...must say it tamed the gun good. better balance on the gun and offcourse mag changes are faster!

is it worth the $175? I would say yes if you have the $$ I mean you already have a 4k opengun. No excuses here.

bought the brass magwell on my plastic sti grip. did dryfire and Im over swinging a bit but after awhile i got used to it.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 10:09 PM, shooterbenedetto said:

Got mine today...must say it tamed the gun good. better balance on the gun and offcourse mag changes are faster!

is it worth the $175? I would say yes if you have the $$ I mean you already have a 4k opengun. No excuses here.

bought the brass magwell on my plastic sti grip. did dryfire and Im over swinging a bit but after awhile i got used to it.

Glad you are enjoying it! 

• 10 months later...