2011 heavy magwell

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The next best thing I have used was the SV large hands magwell. Much better than the Dawson for me 

I’m coming from the SV large hands magwell on a SV large grip,  didn’t mind that at all. 

One thing I really liked about the Atlas magwell thou is on the front the magwell doesn’t start until the very bottom of the grip which meant my pinky could fully contact the grip rather than being sandwiched by the magwell which I’ve experienced with the SV big hand and Dawson Big hand.

I will gladly trade that for not having mags stick thou. 

Edited by JatCarver

9 hours ago, JatCarver said:

I like the sounds of that! My only concern now is that I have really big hands and need a "big hand" magwell. Anyone else like this that uses a Limcat magwell? One thing I love about my atlas magwell is how the front doesn't start until the very bottom of the grip.

I have large hands and went from a Dawson large hands that felt great. I could get a full purchase on the frame itself. Switched to the LimCat magwell and it truly fits like a glove. On the plus side I don't ever have a mag get stuck in the magwell due to Dawson's soft inserts. Oh and did someone mention that the V2 orients your mags into the correct plane with the grip?? Limcat V2= Game Changer.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Harlow said:

Looks like limcat has a brass version of the magwell that weighs 7.8 ounces.  

https://www.limcat.com/limcat-2011-steel-insert-magw-brass

Seems to be the heaviest magwell readily available right now.

Yeah the just came out. I have a Atlas Chaos and went with the aluminum one because 8 more oz on a Chaos I’m afraid would make it to heavy. 

2 minutes ago, fatjoe123111 said:

Yeah the just came out. I have a Atlas Chaos and went with the aluminum one because 8 more oz on a Chaos I’m afraid would make it to heavy. 

I'm really tempted because my edge has a polymer grip and I'd really like the extra weight. Only thing is I have Dawson basepads which apparently don't work with the magwell. Don't really want to shell out more money for tti pads.

4 hours ago, Harlow said:

I'm really tempted because my edge has a polymer grip and I'd really like the extra weight. Only thing is I have Dawson basepads which apparently don't work with the magwell. Don't really want to shell out more money for tti pads.

You can look at a steel main spring housing. That will give you about 2 more oz. but the Limcat brass magwell with the house will give you about 10 oz. that would be great for polymer grip guns!

13 hours ago, fatjoe123111 said:

You can look at a steel main spring housing. That will give you about 2 more oz. but the Limcat brass magwell with the house will give you about 10 oz. that would be great for polymer grip guns!

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have a Dawson steel MSH coming in the mail tomorrow for just that purpose. It's a shame no one makes brass main spring housings, hah. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 1:52 PM, Harlow said:

This V2 magwell seems like it could definitely be one of the best out there for many reasons. Has anyone had experience with modifying a Dawson pad to work with it?

I don't really see modifying Dawsons as viable, but mine are currently on loan (and being used with a V1 incidentally). 

Removing any material at all from the Dawson seems like it's going to compromise the design. Might be a better move to sell and swap.

I suppose we need a guy with a silver sharpie and some 140mms to shove them into his V2 and see what happens. For science.

Edited by Aiden

1 hour ago, Aiden said:

I don't really see modifying Dawsons as viable, but mine are currently on loan (and being used with a V1 incidentally). 

Removing any material at all from the Dawson seems like it's going to compromise the design. Might be a better move to sell and swap.

I suppose we need a guy with a silver sharpie and some 140mms to shove them into his V2 and see what happens. For science.

Hmmmm. If I wind up getting a V2 and commit to using it I just may be that guy with a silver sharpie you're referencing. If that happens I'll post results so no one else does something stupid with their Dawson pads,LOL

I might be buying another V2 here shortly.

I just grabbed the new Limcat steel grip, and with a Brazos magwell and plastic msh it's exactly 44oz on my 6" gun (unloaded no mag).

Gotta figure if I want to add to the weight since 48oz felt so sluggish to me when I was experimenting with the Cheely/V2.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, vgdvc said:

Hmmmm. If I wind up getting a V2 and commit to using it I just may be that guy with a silver sharpie you're referencing. If that happens I'll post results so no one else does something stupid with their Dawson pads,LOL

Can’t wait to hear the Sharpie review 

• 5 weeks later...