Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Production Holster?

TravisNC

2 minutes ago, JordanGriffith said:

I was running a RHT that I might sell only because my friend makes custom holsters and I’m getting one built with level 2. RHT is legit though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A ton of people seem to be using these.  HMU if you decide to sell. 

I actually just got a Red Hill two weeks ago after getting tired of how wobbly the gun was in the Bladetech.

The Red Hill holster definitely fixed that. Needed smaller BOSS spacers to stay within the 2" rule, but I happened to already have those so no big deal.

It's cut the wiggle down to zero. It's about a 1 month lead time, but for the money it's a good quality product.

Ghost stinger(now thunder) holster is what came with my stock 2 when I first got it. Tried everything from bladetech, COM, smaller custom shops...and went back to the ghost holster because it just worked.

Red Hill Tactical double layer !!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This!!! Huge improvement over the bladetech. I was having mag release issues on the draw as well with the bladetech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate all the feedback.  Fortunately for me, RHT had a few Stock 2 holsters on their Ready To Ship list, just in time for Area 6.  I should be set for next weekend to avoid another repeat from ‘17 Nationals...

Edited by TravisNC

I ordered a RHT for my Shadow 1, but found my BladeTech for a Stock III fits my Stock II, Limited Pro, and Shadow I perfectly.  I have to back the tension out for the Shadow to fit, but it holds and fits perfectly. Nothing wrong with the RHT double thick, though.

BladeTech is my favorite after a smidge of dremel work to prevent the ability to bump the mag release & lok-tighting the tension screws.

I like RHT also when they fit well but I think they have a tougher time holding dimensions, at least mine have been hit and miss. 

2 hours ago, TravisNC said:

Fortunately for me, RHT had a few Stock 2 holsters on their Ready To Ship list, just in time for Area 6. 

I recommend getting a BOSS spare parts kit with the small spacers. In case you need them like I did. And then you have spares for all the screws to keep in your range bag in case one backs itself out during a match.

Edited by Ben3

7 hours ago, Ben3 said:

I recommend getting a BOSS spare parts kit with the small spacers. In case you need them like I did. And then you have spares for all the screws to keep in your range bag in case one backs itself out during a match.

I’ll pick up one of those kits.  I can put basically any aftermarket part on my “Production” gun but I better not get caught with a pistol 2.01” away from my inner belt...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 11:38 PM, johnbu said:

Red hill tactical double layer..

Use code "polodna" to get 10% off

Hey thanks for the Mention John! 

Here's why I suggest RHT. And I'd tell everyone the same thing because it's true.

Double layer is the way to go, with the added stiffness, Roberts attention to detail in the way he molds them by hand, the release is excellent. The draw feels very consistent. A very positive pop when released and reholstered. The stiffness aids in zero binding. You may also add large adjustment knobs to suit your retention preference.  One of the first things i noticed when compared to some of the other "plasticy" options is, when drawn from 100s of times, i found no plastic shavings or little no no wear on the RHT. Plus on top of incredible functionality, there is tons of color options, and multiple styles, including a 3gun style to best fit your needs and personality. @Kingman Customer Service is top notch and he is willing to work with you.

Edited by Apolo

I'd rather look to quality and never second guess my equipment or draw. One holster, one gun for production types. I've had the holsters that fit multiple guns. It was kind of like the old addage "jack of all trades, master of none"

Edited by Apolo

The blade-tech body for my stock3 needed reshaped at the muzzle with a heat gun, and would bind if you drew from it just a little bit canted inboard/outboard.

The RHT doesn’t care. Zips out every which way. Same with the RHT body I bought for my Q5 Match the day I purchased the gun.

I need fo find a lefty who needs a stock 3 body to sell the old one to, eventually...

Edited by MemphisMechanic