Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Evolution and Revolution

On 5/3/2018 at 9:37 PM, sardo67 said:

they need to make a mod on this where you can double it up, have it feed cases at both the 6 and 12 o'clock positions to load already primed/processed brass.  we only load processed brass, weather we prime it ourselves or buy it primed depends on cost and availability but it's just soooooooooo much smoother to run pre primed brass.

feed, powder drop, bullet drop, seat, crimp, eject fro stations 1-5 and then same with stations 6-10.  

then it would run "slow enough" that regular Dillon case feeders and the mr. bullet feeder will work fine, plus most of us already have those things along with lower cost.

with this set up 1500 strokes would be 3,000 rounds an hour without the need to speed it up which is when things tend to go wrong and crash.  if the end user still wan'ts to run the thing fast 2,000 strokes an hour would be 4,000 rounds, that's in the area of $30,000+ machines.

plate would rotate slower to make 2x the rounds, possibly if the end user wan'ts to get really crazy 2 different calibers, say 9mm and 45.

the company i am with has zero interest in a revolution due to cost vs the production numbers.  we run 3 mk7 1050s and 5 ammoloads.  if a stripped down revolution set up the same way as i described above were available without feders in say the $5,000, maybe $6,000 with some sensors we'd be buying some for sure, if they work as well as the conecpt we'd be selling off all the ammoloads (around 3500rph) and going to a duel revolution that could do 4k+ at a fraction of the cost.  

Mark 7 now has the stripped down version of the Revolution for brass processing.  

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/25/2018 at 5:14 AM, max1337 said:

Hi,

I would like to know if the Mark 7 Evolution come with a low primer alert thing like the one on the Dillon's primer tube. Can't find anything on their website but actually seen it on a picture somewhere..

Also, where are the spent primers going ? Do they have some sort of catch or place to connect a hose similar to the upgrades to a 650 or 1050 by InLine fab ?

I don't see any spare parts available on their website too,

C'mon Mark 7 !!

Small details like that will prevent tons of user from buying.. what is the marketing manager doing ? wake up !!

I’d say there is no shortage of buyers for the  Mark 7 Evolution.  In fact, they’ve received so many orders and have such a severe backlog of orders that they have quit taking orders for the time being.  Wait list only.  

On 6/28/2018 at 9:32 PM, M109R said:

Well I changed my Evolution order to Revolution, my bank account hates you guys. They said the build date would be early July.

I did the same thing.  

On 6/19/2018 at 10:21 AM, SSGJohnV said:

Putting the machines side by side, or having experience with the 1050 you can start to see the differences and where the focus was when they were developing this machine.

Almost 100% machined parts, not cast.

Smoother, more tuneable index.

More stations.

Better/smoother/more controlled primer system. No linkage behind the primer slide to get janky.

If you have that much investment in Dillon products I would give it some serious thoughts. It takes about 15 minutes to change calibers, from what I understand, but it's pretty straight forward. Tool heads and powder measures would be the biggest investments.

As a manual machine the ability to run it from either side, more stations, and just beefier machine would be the benefits. You also have the capability to plug-and-play automate it in the future. There are some sensors you can use with the manual machine, too, I believe.

After reading all of this information, I have a Dillon 1050 I haven’t even taken out of the box because it seems that the Evolution/Revolution is so clearly superior to the Dillon products.  I’ll be parting ways with that unit soon enough.  

7 hours ago, Judo said:

Mark 7 now has the stripped down version of the Revolution for brass processing.  

i see that, however a loaded ammobot 1050 is much better since it can actually kick out the bad pieces of brass and like 1/4th the price.

i see that, however a loaded ammobot 1050 is much better since it can actually kick out the bad pieces of brass and like 1/4th the price.

That’s only a big deal if you run lots of range pickup and you suck at sorting.

On 5/28/2018 at 7:45 AM, Thetimb said:

I was literally checking out conversion kits for the evolution.  It’s a tough pill to swallow for some of them. 

I might just keep one of my 1050s around to crank out ammo that I don’t shoot very often with manual pulls of the handle :(   

Was thinking of keeping a manual press around for experimenting with load development.  

Edited by Judo

Automate your 1050 if you have invested heaps in conversions. 

That ammobot ammo sorter looks pretty sweet. 38 super in my 9mm and 9mm in my 38 super drives me crazy. 

Im not about to spend hours sorting it more than i do either. 

I use a zap strap to sort out anything longer than 9mm on my presses, wrap it around the top of the case feed structure, and anything taller than a 9mm won't feed out into the shell plate. I don't worry about 380 or anything like that, never see that up here

So what is the wait time on the evolution presses. Waited to upgrade to a 1050 to see how this was gonna fair and it looks great. I don’t much like the auto drive stuff but I think I am all in for a manual evolution and if I do want to automate I can do that in the future but I like pulling my handle ? 

On 8/17/2018 at 2:20 PM, slavex said:

I use a zap strap to sort out anything longer than 9mm on my presses, wrap it around the top of the case feed structure, and anything taller than a 9mm won't feed out into the shell plate. I don't worry about 380 or anything like that, never see that up here

Have you got a picture of this? 

13 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

So what is the wait time on the evolution presses. Waited to upgrade to a 1050 to see how this was gonna fair and it looks great. I don’t much like the auto drive stuff but I think I am all in for a manual evolution and if I do want to automate I can do that in the future but I like pulling my handle ? 

The short answer is a while. I ordered mine from DAA on June 5th (pre-ship pricing with dies). I checked last week and I'm #3 on the list. The time before that about a month earlier I was #6....so if the trend continues I should have it at the start of September. Right now you can get on the waiting list directly at Mark 7 and I'm not sure if DAA, Shooters Connection or anyone else is talking orders. 

So what is the wait time on the evolution presses. Waited to upgrade to a 1050 to see how this was gonna fair and it looks great. I don’t much like the auto drive stuff but I think I am all in for a manual evolution and if I do want to automate I can do that in the future but I like pulling my handle [emoji23] 

I ordered manual evolution from mark7 feb 13th and still waiting. Here is the update I got at the first of August when I checked on it.

We should be shipping your machine this month. It really does all depend parts coming in. We noticed one part that was out of spec which caused a slight delay. Almost there brother….

I'm sitting at a cross roads, looking for an upgrade to either a 1050 or an Evolution. I've been leaning Mark 7 but about the time I was ready to make the decision, they stopped taking orders. Now I'm told others are getting calls saying their previous orders will not be honored. Does anyone know if the Evolution will be available? and maybe more importantly, is it really worth the premium and the wait? I really don't see spending the money to go with the Revolution where I believe orders are still being honored.

I'm sitting at a cross roads, looking for an upgrade to either a 1050 or an Evolution. I've been leaning Mark 7 but about the time I was ready to make the decision, they stopped taking orders. Now I'm told others are getting calls saying their previous orders will not be honored. Does anyone know if the Evolution will be available? and maybe more importantly, is it really worth the premium and the wait? I really don't see spending the money to go with the Revolution where I believe orders are still being honored.

What orders are not being honored? This is the first I have heard of this.

9 hours ago, kmc said:

According to Mark 7 web site they will place you on a waiting list for an Evolution as they need to catch up with previously ordered Evolution presses. I do not see anything that say they will not honor previously ordered presses. From what I have read here and on other sites they got overwhelmed with orders and are also dealing with ramping up a new business at the same time. I ordered my Evolution from DAA on June 5th as part of the pre-ship with die special. I emailed two weeks ago for an update and was told I'm #3 on the list. About a month earlier I was #6 on the list. If the trend continues I should have mine in a few week. However, I don't mind waiting for what looks like and from what I'm reading a much better press. IMO its highly unlikely Mark 7 would not honor an order. Did you try calling them directly to find out?

Plus 1 in the Ammobot

Automate your 1050 if you have invested heaps in conversions. 

That ammobot ammo sorter looks pretty sweet. 38 super in my 9mm and 9mm in my 38 super drives me crazy. 

Im not about to spend hours sorting it more than i do either. 
The part from Ammobot is called the Case Extraction Unit. It extracts cases from station 3 that trip the primer pocket sensor. It works with the part from Immortobot: the Spitting Cobra. It senses cases that are too tall or too short, then moves them to station 3 for extraction.

This is a great combo, and an even better price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 8/25/2018 at 8:23 AM, Travtastik said:

What orders are not being honored? This is the first I have heard of this.

A friend ordered his through ShootersConnections just before Mark 7 shut off orders. Although he had paid for the Evolution, I understand he told his order would not be honored by Mark 7 since they were no longer making them (or maybe not making them at that price).

13 minutes ago, kmc said:

A friend ordered his through ShootersConnections just before Mark 7 shut off orders. Although he had paid for the Evolution, I understand he told his order would not be honored by Mark 7 since they were no longer making them (or maybe not making them at that price).

Interesting...."no longer making them" and catching up on back orders are two completely different things. I find it hard to believe that Mark 7 is no longer making Evolution Presses, and more likely to be playing catch up.....and not honoring orders from vendors. Sounds like an issue between Shooters Connection and Mark 7 and unfortunately your buddy was caught in the middle. Be nice if Mark 7 would weigh in with some info. 

2 hours ago, kmc said:

Come back with verbatim information. Not trying to be rude, but that's a huge accusation on a company. Not "honoring" the order by saying it'll be indefinitely back-ordered and we have to refund you,  is one thing. Say tough poo Jack, we aint making no more so hit the road & we're mailing you a check, is a whole 'nother thing.