Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet feeders? Help me w/ my purchase

nikdanja

i want To buy a bullet feeder and noticed that there’s a bit of a price gap between the ones that are out there. I like the hornady one cause it’s $350 bucks but don’t know if that’s better than a DAA. What’s some reviews that you guys have?

I have both a Hornady and a Mr bullet feeders. The Mr bullet is WAY better. The hornady unit is loud and the dropper dies are quite finiky, and get bullets stuck in them regularly. The Mr bullet is more expensive but after setting it up i think I've had 1 upside down bullet in the last 8000+ rounds loaded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, americanbrosinarms said:

I have 2 Mr. Bullet Feeders and all the other guys that I shoot with have them and they work great. 

I would avoid the mini mr bullet feeder, IMO loading the tubes takes just as much time as putting each bullet on.

Agreed!  I have the mini and the only good thing about it is it has the MBF die assembly.  I'll be getting a MBF when I can save enough $$. 

Edited by stick

there is no real sensible choice at the moment other than the mr bullet feeder. 

the hornady one is a joke by comparison.

the mr bullet feeder should work on any press that can accept the standard size reloading dies and that has 1 station free between powder drop and seat/crimp.

I highly recommend it.