Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig has a new pistol red dot

Rudukai13

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they're coming out with a new variant of the Romeo3 soon as well;

Skip to 4:15 in the video for Max's comment on the future "Romeo3 Max" optic. Photo below appears to be of Max's personal X5 with a Romeo3 mounted...

IMG_1667.JPG

Edited by Rudukai13

4 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Sounds like they're coming out with a new variant of the Romeo3 soon as well;

Skip to 4:15 in the video for Max's comment on the future "Romeo3 Max" optic. Photo below appears to be of Max's personal X5 with a Romeo3 mounted...

IMG_1667.JPG

Hopefully "what makes it Max" is a larger dot.  I'd definitely be interested in looking at it if that's the case.

From his comments in that video it sounds like he's going to be focusing fairly exclusively on Carry Optics division this year, which means that division should get quite a bit of good product development in the near future...

Probably not on any of the X-Series or RX pistols from the factory, but he does imply whatever alterations he's having Sig do to the current Romeo3 will be available as a separate variant branded with his name

On 3/18/2018 at 9:14 PM, Rudukai13 said:

Chris, would you be able to take a couple comparison pictures between the original 3 moa sight and the new 6 moa model?

They look exactly the same, no differences at all except for dot size.

Will a Romeo 1 mount up on my DPP mount? Henning has a Romeo mount for pre-order, but DPP mounts in stock (for Tanfo). The Romeo 1 seems as close as I can get to my beloved 1st gen Deltapoint.

The 6moa Romeo1 is without a doubt the brightest MRDS I have ever seen.  Brighter than the RTS2, the DPP the RMR and any other dot I have ever used.  I am normally a run the dot wide open kinda guy on my Open guns.  I have to turn the romeo down 3-4 clicks.  
Will it last, probably not.  None of the MRDS last.  They are all garbage.  
I really wish someone would simply come out with a bulletproof mini.  Even if it was $800 people who are serious would be lining up to buy it.  Put me down for 2.  

I have Henning dovetail mounts for CZ Shadow & Tanfoglio Stock II that fit Vortex/Fasrfire & DPP. My 6moa Romeo 1 arrived yesterday, & it will not go onto either mount. The Romeo has a completely different set of boss recesses. If you ground off the bosses on the mount, it appears the Vortex screw holes line up, but I wouldn't rely on just the screws to hold it on. Must be why Henning is developing mounts specific for the Romeo 1. 

I do do like the sight itself. The dot is OMG bright. Top load battery is nice, but needs to be torqued down. As close to the old Deltapoint as I've found so far. 

Spoke with some Sig reps today and there is a new Romeo 1 coming with a 'T' designation.  It is a more hardcore version for the military, much like the other Romeo 'T' optics.  It will have a stronger aluminum body and shroud instead of magnesium like the current one and just be more robust.  

The Romeo 3 on Max's gun is a custom thing and there are no plans to make the 3 handgun compatible. But it can be done, you just need to have the slide milled for it.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:51 AM, clw42 said:

Where are you guys finding the Romeo 1 with the 6MOA dot in stock?  I've seen them as an option at a few websites, but they're oos.

I think Optics Planet has some....

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2018 at 5:20 PM, Rudukai13 said:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/1/23/first-look-updated-sig-sauer-romeo1-reflex-sight/

Confirms Sig is adding a 6 MOA dot version of the standard Romeo1.

The DPP clone is called the Romeo1T, will initially be offered with a 3 MOA dot and offers 25,000 hours of battery life

Any news on a release date of the Romeo1T & is it confirmed to be a 3MOA w/ 25K hours of battery life?

Edited by OldRunner

1 hour ago, OldRunner said:

Any news on a release date of the Romeo1T & is it confirmed to be a 3MOA w/ 25K hours of battery life?

Other than a few additional mentions of it in passing I haven't seen or heard anything else about it yet

I spoke to sig about a week ago and they said they are working on a dot sight with a green reticle, i’m super excited about that since I wont be getting a dot sight unless it is green. I can’t hardly see the red ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Other than a few additional mentions of it in passing I haven't seen or heard anything else about it yet

Thx for the update but disappointed that nothing further has developed.

10 hours ago, HickLife said:

I spoke to sig about a week ago and they said they are working on a dot sight with a green reticle, i’m super excited about that since I wont be getting a dot sight unless it is green. I can’t hardly see the red ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the green reticle going to be in the Romeo1T or ...........