Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig has a new pistol red dot

Rudukai13

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was another video clip from a SIG Optics guy taken by a show attendee. He called the new sight the Romeo 1T - unfortunately the video did not have any close up frames.

Added

Sorry, went back and looked and couldn't find it on Facebook. I did leave a post in the FB SIG Electro-Optics page asking about the Romeo 1T - Will let you know.

Edited by Jet1945

“The new gen has a different shape to the hood which protects the lens better, has an option for larger protective hood, and is brighter. I am not sure on the timeline though.” 

From a undisclosed  source at SIG. :ph34r:

23 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Could you post the link to that video?

there's good close up pics of that optic on the previous page..5th post down by mitchiepinoy............the video from the Sig booth tells some about it and it is posted also on the previous page on the last post of the page

Edited by race1911

25 minutes ago, race1911 said:

there's good close up pics of that optic on the previous page..5th post down by mitchiepinoy............the video from the Sig booth tells some about it and it is posted also on the previous page on the last post of the page

I know, I posted both of the original links B)

2 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/1/23/first-look-updated-sig-sauer-romeo1-reflex-sight/

Confirms Sig is adding a 6 MOA dot version of the standard Romeo1.

The DPP clone is called the Romeo1T, will initially be offered with a 3 MOA dot and offers 25,000 hours of battery life

it still doesn't look like a dpp clone to me. looks like a romeo 1 with a shroud. 

On 1/28/2018 at 3:20 PM, Rudukai13 said:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2018/1/23/first-look-updated-sig-sauer-romeo1-reflex-sight/

Confirms Sig is adding a 6 MOA dot version of the standard Romeo1.

The DPP clone is called the Romeo1T, will initially be offered with a 3 MOA dot and offers 25,000 hours of battery life

C-mores and DPP's don't get 25,000 hours of battery life.  Seems to be a confirmation that this is a real in-house design.  

14 hours ago, Garmil said:

Yup, and the Beretta M9 didn't exactly perform flawlessly when it was first adopted either: https://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/true_story_m9.htm

There are teething issues with every new platform. They'll fix it. And as far as I'm aware the many production variants for the civilian market are fairly rock-solid pistols, now that the drop safety issue has been addressed.

As for this report; 1. Doesn't surprise me, and 2. Doesn't change my intention to purchase a P320 very soon

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 11:03 AM, Rudukai13 said:

Yup, and the Beretta M9 didn't exactly perform flawlessly when it was first adopted either: https://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/true_story_m9.htm

There are teething issues with every new platform. They'll fix it. And as far as I'm aware the many production variants for the civilian market are fairly rock-solid pistols, now that the drop safety issue has been addressed.

As for this report; 1. Doesn't surprise me, and 2. Doesn't change my intention to purchase a P320 very soon

:bow:

5 hours ago, Rjracing said:

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone sock it yet... but its been on sale on OpticsPlanet for a couple weeks, where its says it will ship in about 4 weeks. https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo1-1x30mm-reflex-red-dot-sight.html

Never trusted optics planet. They don't have live inventory and will say anything is in stock or about to ship.

4 hours ago, ZacSquatch said:

Never trusted optics planet. They don't have live inventory and will say anything is in stock or about to ship.

Ive had the same problem too. Three weeks ago I ordered some CZ magazines they said were in stock and they didn't actually ship until yesterday lol.

• 1 month later...

I have a shooter in our area who is rather connected and had a 6moa Romeo 1 on his 320.  This was before SHOT Show, even, which is where Sig announced the new model.

I ordered one the moment OpticsPlanet had it up on their site.  I got it in just a few days ago, but I won't put it on my X5 until I have time to zero it at the range.

Then I'll put the 3moa on something else and keep it around as a backup.  I still don't trust that they are going to last, but time will tell.