Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals 2005 - Lim Prod Rev

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any possibility a guy like me, from across the globe, can get a copy of the stage results? :unsure:  Thanks.

Here's Limited and Production, my fingers got tired of copy/pasting I'll try to add revolver later.

EDITED: Removed the text file I posted, didn't realize there was a debate over posting the results in the public until I read this thread:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...=27&t=25940&st=

Man what a match!!!!

Its great when you are able to shoot with the best people in the world!!!!!

Congrats to all the winners, and Rob again, TGO is a class act, and has the

appropriate name!!!! We'll load up and give him another run starting tomorrow!

I will try and kick him in his bum knee before we shoot tomorrow and see if that

helps!!!! or maybe he'll have to shoot everything strong hand!!

Manny

I've only shot a couple large USPSA matches and the award system was pretty straight forward. No real suprises.

Somebody please explain to me the award system at USPSA Nationals. What is the deal about the top 16, recognition for awards, order of prize table, etc.

My buddy Gordon Carrell was 14th overall in Production and 2nd A by placement, but since he was in the top 16 he was not recognized as 2nd A. The award went to what ended up being 4th A. How can you shoot 2nd A and somebody else get your trophy?

-Vincent

We just got home a while ago.

I thought I had gun problems the whole match (a handful of bad jams). I changed about everthing but the actual slide and barrel. I think it finally turned out to be a magazine (one of the fairly new ones). Bummer. After all the time lost with the jams I was pretty happy (surprised) to hear that I made 10th in Production.

Dave S. is just a fantastic shooter. The rest of the top Production shooters have improved in the last year or so.

I didn't get to see much of the Limited shooters.

Vincent,

They seemed to have messed up on the Production awards. In Production, they only gave out Top 8 plaques. The class plaques should have (likely) started from 9th on. I am guessing that they just followed the pattern from Limited by mistake (Top 16).

You think they messed up the production awards.......

M.Voight and crew F***ED the revolver division !!!!!!!!!

He forgot Jerry until the last minute and said "oh yeah 1 more thing", and announced Jerry as the revolver champ , let him talk and announced it over(awards), the top 3 for which there were plaques did not even get thier names announced or get to get them in a formal way, they just had to go get them after it was all over with and pick them up.

LTD-10, Prodution and Revolver.......USPSA's BASTARD STEP CHILD !!!!!

Don't believe it take a look at the front of the Nationals shooters book (post 15,16,17,18) on this thread !!!!!

Other than that small brush off the awards cerimony was the best yet, fast and somewhat efficient and the prize tables were really finally organized for good speed.

The match itself was good, hot, and rather enjoyable thanks to the great work from all the Range Officers, good job !!!! without you this would be not the quality match it is.

Squad 5, good shooting with you guys, good meeting you, hope to do so again some where.

Congrats to all !!!!

SAM KEEN

Having never been to a USPSA Nationals I just don't understand the system. How does it work?

Here is what I understand based on what I've heard. Please fill in the blanks.

It sounds like the match staff decides on a "top X" group size (top 16, top 8, top 4, etc) based on the number of competitors. How do they decide the size of the "top X" group?

Then these competitors get an award based on overall placement, not class rating.

Then excluding the "top X" competitors, awards are given to other competitors by placement in class. How do they decide how many awards are given in each class?

Then the match prize table is divided into groups of mini prize tables for each division based on the number of shooters competing in the division. Shooters are then allowed to select a prize from the mini prize table provided for their division based on order of finish. What criteria is used to divide up the match prize table into the division mini prize tables? For example if there are guns on the match table, are the guns that fit in a given division placed on the prize table for that division?

Thanks,

-Vincent

It sounds like the match staff decides on a "top X" group size (top 16, top 8, top 4, etc) based on the number of competitors.  How do they decide the size of the "top X" group?

In the past, we only had Limited and Open divisions. I don't know where the number 16 came from, but that is where it has been set. The super-squad size (all squad sizes?) used to be about 16 shooters. And, the top 16 finishers were often called the "sweet 16" (or, words to that effect).

With the addition of Revolver, Limited-10 and Production they added more awards to the match. However, these divisions generally aren't as well attended (Production had about 100 shooters vs. Limited's 200+). So, the Top awards don't go as deep.

Then these competitors get an award based on overall placement, not class rating.

Sounds right.

Then excluding the "top X" competitors, awards are given to other competitors by placement in class.

Right.

How do they decide how many awards are given in each class?

There is a formula given in one of the USPSA publications (Club Manual?). An electronic version is likely available on the USPSA site. The idea is that you don't get a plaque for just showing up...you gotta beat somebody.

Drove the almost 900 miles home straight in one shot. WHEHHH!

This was my first Nationals and I ran in the middle of the B Pack because of my inconsistent performance.

Squad 13 was Great!!

The Jamacians and South Africans were truly a pleasure to shoot with.

The other Amercicans on our squad were awsome too.

I still owe a few "Fines" to the South Africans for some of my performances.

Thanks to everyone on the squad for not taking me too seriously and laughing along with me and my especially spastic shooting techniques.

Hope you'll consider shooting a few more targets "strong hand only".

Hi again to everyone who saw my flag on the cart and came over to say hello.

Hope to see you all at the LOUISIANA GATOR CLASSIC in Sept.

Check the match calendar for the link and more info.

quick trivia question...

what model guns were shot in the top 10 of Production...

did Dave S. shoot a G17 preparing for Worlds...

how about Angus and Matt...SP01s or 85Cs??

Know Roger S. shot a Sig226ST..

thanks for any info..

EERW:

We meet again (what do you think of CZ Shooters forum ?).

I am almost positive, that Angus brought and shot his matched old pair of CZ 75 C's and that Matt that shot his 85 Combat. Angus built both of my 85 Combats, and they are sweet, and you know he left a little more pull and spring for me than the gun that he and Matt built for Matt. I think becuase of the conditional approval subject to General Assembly vote, they didnt want to chance it. Roger left the world of Para LDA's in production for Sig (I was an LDA guy before I met this girl from the Czech Rebpublic, her name was Combat).

It seems like Seveigny could have been shooting an revolver, it aint the gun my friends with Dave.

This was Angus's year to do it to, just like the coming season form my Phila Eagles. But lets wait for the world shoot.

By the way it was nice to see to guys who I shoot with every month place well in Prooduction, Dave Olhasso (5th) and Dave Marques (20th) and Bob Aramityr (30 something)

Thanks,

Jon

IIRC, the theory is that "Top-16 at Nationals is better than any class win, therefore you get a top-16 plaque and whoever down the line after the top-16 gets the class win"

it may also be a throw back to the shoot off days where a top 16 finish got you into the shoot off. And IMHO top 16 at US nats is better than any state match win, hell about like an area match if you asked me....ok so you didn't. <_<

In this day of technology why do we have to wait so blanking long for any match results.....

Well...

Because we (Joy Hyden, Manny, and I) were still at the range figuring out the 'who won what' listing for Michael Voigt to use the next day. We got out of there about 9:15 at night, using flashlights to find our cars, drove the 40 minutes back to Quincy, and THEN uploaded results.

That's why.