Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What finish for PT evo grip?

speedracer08

H&M black nitride.  Probably the hardest, most durable black finish you'll find.  I have less wear on guns with black nitride than on my SV which is DLC.  Gun Kote, Cerakote, or similar aren't even close.

18 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

H&M black nitride.  Probably the hardest, most durable black finish you'll find.  I have less wear on guns with black nitride than on my SV which is DLC.  Gun Kote, Cerakote, or similar aren't even close.

I've had a blackish PVD on one of my SV carry gun's grip and my sweat caused it to rust right through.  I had to start wiping it down daily with a silicon cloth.  My new work gun from CK will be black nitride.  I'm looking forward to seeing how well it holds up.

14 minutes ago, echotango said:

Both of mine are raw.  I would not put a coating on it as I would imagine it would dull the sharp edges. 

Do you think hard chrome would dull the edges. IF I ever go steel grip again I thought of matte finish hard chrome for my brushed chrome guns?

47 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Do you think hard chrome would dull the edges. IF I ever go steel grip again I thought of matte finish hard chrome for my brushed chrome guns?

Matte chrome with brushed flats on slide, or slide and frame, looks real nice.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:25 AM, RangerTrace said:

I've had a blackish PVD on one of my SV carry gun's grip and my sweat caused it to rust right through.  I had to start wiping it down daily with a silicon cloth.  My new work gun from CK will be black nitride.  I'm looking forward to seeing how well it holds up.

About the same as any other salt bath nitride finish.  Glock slide (tenifer ), Melonite, etc... 

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

I had the PT Evo grip hard chromed with a matte finish to match the frame on my Akai and it didn't dull the edges at all, I'm very happy with the end result.

Edited by cs62

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

These 4 all have a mat chrome finish  and all are still very sharp.

9A279A3A-7120-4DDA-92F4-E6E4B8B6F888.jpeg

258CC1AF-E7E2-467B-9A6B-30E1DB063F9C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

I don't know how any coating would not dull the edges. Perhaps an ionbond or nitride would be ok, but anything else would not be as sharp. 

Perhaps I described it incorrectly. It won't dull the edges, the edges won't be as sharp with a coating. Not sure how it could. 

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info. Getting a pt evo and would this will come in handy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk