2017 Berrys USPSA Area 1 Championship

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, JimmyN9 said:

Does anyone know of or have seen the withdraw cut off Date to get a refund?

This is what Ken put on the registration page:

Refund policy: We refund when we replace your spot. Or if you have some sort of serious family or medical problem.

Contact him. (kn@kennelson.com

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, balmo said:

How much ammo you guys plan on bringing? This is my first Area match. It says 400+ rounds, will 600 rounds be sufficient?

Figure 8 make up shots per stage (10 stages = 80 rounds), now figure a max of 3 complete stage rehoots (32 rounds for the cof + 8 make up shots = 40 per stage), so 120 extra there. 120 + 80 = 200. If you don't have any make up shots, great...if you don't have any stage reshoots, great....if you do, you have enough ammo.

From this morning, "If we can't get them up in the practice score I'll post them on line"

Thanks, I don't Facebook so hopefully he'll do something accessible to everyone like a google drive.

505 rounds?!? I may have to ship ammo after all. I can get ~500 in my Pelican case, but clearly that won't be enough!!

The did some re-chrono surprise raids at Area 2. The guy who got hit on our squad had failed to make major originally. We were thinking that it would be interesting if he made major at the "reshoot". He didn't. Clinched minor.

Later,

Chuck

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

The did some re-chrono surprise raids at Area 2. The guy who got hit on our squad had failed to make major originally. We were thinking that it would be interesting if he made major at the "reshoot". He didn't. Clinched minor.

Later,

Chuck

That was me.:wacko:  After I didn't make major, I started using a box of 100 rounds that I had loaded up with RedDot that I knew wouldn't make major and used those.  I figured I might as well take some advantage of it.  Just happened to get pulled again when I was using them.  Not that it would have mattered anyway.

Edited by Hammerman

I'm leaning towards shipping, seems pretty high risk to take 1000 rounds in my bag...

As long as you don't try to carry it on you should be ok [emoji41]

Southwest says less than 11# is ok.

My understanding is Alaska doesn't limit you other than extra weight if your bag is over 50#.

25 minutes ago, fishsticks said:

As long as you don't try to carry it on you should be ok emoji41.png

Southwest says less than 11# is ok.

My understanding is Alaska doesn't limit you other than extra weight if your bag is over 50#.

If your bag is over 50#, they charge an extra 75$, ammo or not.  The ammo limit is 50# by itself for Alaska. 

i actually bought the tshirt. normally i can't stand match shirts.

i know it's not as cheap as just going to the fedex depot and shipping my ammo but i just check two bags, each of them having 3-400 rounds in them. fingers crossed i'm under the 11lbs of ammo, per bag, and on the way back i just collapse the second checked bag into the first.

i'm on a Wed/Thur squad, so I doubt I'll see any of you there. Have fun!