Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

On 6/3/2019 at 7:20 AM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Yes, that's a real problem, much like what can happen when using an ACOG.  And I've dealt with this at something even as simple as a Steel Challenge match.  Had shot 3 or 4 stages with the HS510c, when I got to the stage where we shot under cover out into the sun-lit target area.  Suddenly noticed my dot wasn't very visible.  Hadn't realized I was running in solar cell mode until then.  Had to switch over to battery just to make it work.

As long as you can switch between battery and solar, no big deal, but if you're limited to illumination based on where you're standing rather than where you're aiming, there can be an issue.

This is why I always leave mine on battery mode -- never solar. Shake awake works fine in this mode too fyi.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking high and low for one of those custom rails that but where the original sights are but allow use of both an optic and the original sights, mounted on to the barrel.

Any leads appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Chillywig said:

I like everything about holosun. Just wish they'd offer a larger moa dot as on option. How awesome would a 6 or 8 moa green dot be in the 510!!!???

6moa will be perfect for me as replacement for my Cmore slideride.

Totally against the grain but using a leupold deltapoint 7.5 triangle. Previously used, aimpoint, trijicon, cmore and holosun. Big “dot” which is easily picked up, accurate shooting if need be by using the top of the triangle, ...

Have constant troubles with C-More wandering zero. It is constantly shifting to the left ... it stays for a while but at one point it jumps left. Any ideas?
I am flirting with Holosun510c but am not yet convinced by the circle dot. We did a bit of comparison test with a friend and Leica Tempus came really on top with Sig Romeo 3 second, but the prices are bit off... Tempus is almost 2x the price of Holosun...

I had a spare Eotech I used for work so I popped it on my Ruger carbine. I had to put a cheek rest on the stock to get the proper head position and weld. I may customize the internal foam some more but this combo has pretty fast acquisition. I tried one of my Aimpoint M2s but I like the Eotech a little better for this. I'll keep trying different combinations and following this thread to see what other folks use.

Ruger9and Eotech.jpg

Edited by Eltee
Add Photo
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, frenchman said:

I've tried quite a few so I have some experiance - do yourself a favor and get the Holosun 510 - you can't beat the recticle design, you can't beat the price, and you can't beat the durability - I prefer the model with the green recticle, but some people prefer the red

Having run a 510 in the rain, I'm leaning now more toward the 512.  Nothing wrong with the 510 until you get water on the LED emitter...

I agree with lowspeedhighdrag, my 510 starburst in 2 different matches from the rain.  I spent the extra for the t model It’s 2 oz lighter than the 510 with its hood removed. Lifetime housing warranty and 10 year electronic

Edited by Bwillis
12 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

I agree with lowspeedhighdrag, my 510 starburst in 2 different matches from the rain.  I spent the extra for the t model It’s 2 oz lighter than the 510 with its hood removed. Lifetime housing warranty and 10 year electronic

At that price, why not go with the Aimpoint H2? It's another 2 oz lighter and I don't see any downside. Serious question. :)

20 minutes ago, mrd said:

At that price, why not go with the Aimpoint H2? It's another 2 oz lighter and I don't see any downside. Serious question. :)

Like a lot of things, it's personal preference.  I like the large window of the 512, the ability to run it on the solar panels to save battery life, and the choice of dot/circle/circle dot reticles.  I went with the standard red version at $350.  And for me, the dot is close to a dot; with my astigmatism, not all dots are.

5 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Like a lot of things, it's personal preference.  I like the large window of the 512, the ability to run it on the solar panels to save battery life, and the choice of dot/circle/circle dot reticles.  I went with the standard red version at $350.  And for me, the dot is close to a dot; with my astigmatism, not all dots are.

Where did you find a 512?

I did a search, but I didn’t come up with anything.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Had a chance to shoot a stage with the Holosun 510c. Man, I like it. Now have the C-more 4moa but feel Holosun picked up even faster! They just don't look sexy... 🙂

I looked through a fellow shooter’s 510C, which led me to buy a pair, and put them on my steel Challenge, rimfires. We’ll see, on Sunday how they work out 

• 2 weeks later...