Sig 1911 Max .40

Rolex

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2016 at 11:37 PM, Dr Mitch said:

Is everyone deactivating the Series 80 trash?  I may pick one of these up in .40S&W by the time winter rolls around.

Got my 1911 Max 40 in on the 23d. Shot an USPSA 200 round course on the 27th- absolutely flawless performance!

I removed the one in my 40 reduced trigger pull a full pound- install the spacer!! Or the sear can move side to side-

I'm broke, so would you guys please stop?

With that said, how long have these been out in .45, and what is the highest round count anyone knows about through a near factory stock one? 

I have been missing my Series 70 Colt and the Sig Max was already alongside the STI Lawman on my "to buy later" list before I stumbled across this thread.  It might be good for me to go without food for a few months anyway.

On 8/31/2016 at 11:00 AM, Intel6 said:

While mine shot pretty good with it in I did get a spacer and took it out and now it is even better.

Intel,

What size TJ spacer did you use? They seem to come in different thicknesses. I just purchased my 1911 MAX yesterday and want to order the spacer.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

2 hours ago, rlrock said:

Intel,

What size TJ spacer did you use? They seem to come in different thicknesses. I just purchased my 1911 MAX yesterday and want to order the spacer.

Thanks for your help.

Rich

I used the standard one- IF I remember correctly-  and the spacer was just a tad bit thicker- for a tight fit. 

I don't remember the sizes- even though I measured them- :wacko:

I used the standard one also. I didn't realize they made different sizes and didn't want to break down my gun and measure the 80's parts because I was shooting it.  Just ordered the standard one and it fit fine and wasn't really loose or too small, seemed to work fine.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, Jephro said:

I'm broke, so would you guys please stop?

With that said, how long have these been out in .45, and what is the highest round count anyone knows about through a near factory stock one? 

I have been missing my Series 70 Colt and the Sig Max was already alongside the STI Lawman on my "to buy later" list before I stumbled across this thread.  It might be good for me to go without food for a few months anyway.

So far, I've got just about 60K through mine. I replaced the barrel on mine with a KART NM in May 2016 (was getting a little gassing blowby causing a decrease in know major PF loads with the stock barrel at 50k -HOWEVER NO LEGITIMATE LOSS OF ACCURACY). Only other component serviced has been replacing the extractor at the same time as barrel.

Everything else completely as it came on the gun when I got it new in 2013. I haven't noticed any degredation or extreme wear on anything with the pistol. I think I've proved the gun is good to go.

Tim Herron

TY68934

Edited by TimH

36 minutes ago, TimH said:

So far, I've got just about 60K through mine. I replaced the barrel on mine with a KART NM in May 2016 (was getting a little gassing blowby causing a decrease in know major PF loads with the stock barrel at 50k -HOWEVER NO LEGITIMATE LOSS OF ACCURACY). Only other component serviced has been replacing the extractor at the same time as barrel.

Everything else completely as it came on the gun when I got it new in 2013. I haven't noticed any degredation or extreme wear on anything with the pistol. I think I've proved the gun is good to go.

Tim Herron

TY68934

Thanks Tim, that exactly the kind of thing that I wanted to hear.  My wallet is now hiding somewhere but that is my problem.  If I could get my other stuff to run 50K without any issues I would be very happy.  To the top of the list it goes.