Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV 5.4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is can I convert 5.4 into open...I want to remove TopEnd,ejector etc.....

Answer is yes.

You still haven't described the specific problem, though, so you'll probably convert it into an Open gun that jams, too. It's up to you if it's worth it for the work.

Ok ....gun is not for sale (have my last name serial and Stay in my house)

Gun is lubed and oiled with best lubricant on the market....

Question is can I convert 5.4 into open...I want to remove TopEnd,ejector etc.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just have a new slide fitted with a threaded barrel and compensator. Probably cost about $1000 to $1500 depending on options and coating.

Edited by MrPostman

My confusion: It says Vegas.

If you are in NV then I would suggest calling Don Golembieski at Kodiak Precision, Mesa AZ.

If you are not happy with him-message me for other quality names nearby.

Full disclosure: I am a friend of his and he builds my guns. They run and run and run.

Slide to Frame fit

Barrel to slide fit

Since your optic is on the frame the above are beyond critical

Edited by pjb45

Enough. He says he wants to convert it to open. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, get back on topic and offer help and advice on how to convert it to open or don't post.

GrumpyOne BE Forums Moderator

Enough. He says he wants to convert it to open. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, get back on topic and offer help and advice on how to convert it to open or don't post.

GrumpyOne BE Forums Moderator

regarding his problems with jams i'm pretty convinced it is all related to mag tuning OR ammo COAL .....in both cases a little more research would get the problem solved.

Thanks GrumpyOne,

One more time for everyone...I'm not try to bashing anyone and this is not topic how to repair gun...

I need advice how to convert this one into Open gun.

I would suggest you change the entire upper (you may spend around $2K). If you are in Nevada, I would recommend you send it to LimCat. However, you'll need to fall in line because they are busy building a lot of orders for the up coming Nationals.

Actually the longer rails may pose an issue in this instance. The 5.4 is built using a 6 inch slide and barrel cut down so they can get away with rails that are longer. If you did have a 5 inch slide fitted then it may not open far enough to pickup a round before the longer rails hit the tapered potion of the slots inside the slide. So you would probably have to have the rails shortened to the standard length.

Edited by MrPostman

The Frame can be cut and will not be noticed i.e. blended.

Fundamentally, what you want accomplished can be done by a great gunsmith.

Everyone has an opinion on who is great so they can chime in on topic.

The way it looks the optic will go on the frame so the mating of the slide, barrel and frame is critical. You might not notice any issue until you start shooting at 50 yards or so. Just my opinion.

Personally, I think Don is exceptional.