Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firearm abuse...

TacticalG34Tupperware

What is the highest round count between cleanings you guys have put on a Glock before you saw a failure caused by dirtiness? I'm currently at ~850-875 on my Gen 3 G34, still have not had a single malfunction and I kinda want to hit a thousand before I clean it. I use FireClean exclusively and I'm not sure if the 0 malfunctions is a testament to the Glock, the lube or both.

Hmmmm.....Maybe it is because I am a vet, or the way I was raised, but I can't even imagine doing something like this.

Even if I only shoot one bullet out of a gun, I clean it.

But hey....what ever floats your boat.... :D

Hmmmm.....Maybe it is because I am a vet, or the way I was raised, but I can't even imagine doing something like this.

No problem with that. It's comforting to know though that I can go over 500 rounds before even beginning to doubt its reliability.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My Glock is the only one that gets this kind of abuse, everything else gets cleaned after every other range outing, but I mean some of these bigger 3 gun matches will have you run 250-300 rounds through your guns, so its nice to know that my gear will take that and more with no issues.

When I shot a Glock I cleaned it when it was gritty. Otherwise I just shot it. Probably never made it past 3000 rounds though, due to the wind and grit here.

Grittiness is still a benchmark.

When I shot a Glock I cleaned it when it was gritty. Otherwise I just shot it. Probably never made it past 3000 rounds though, due to the wind and grit here.

Grittiness is still a benchmark.

Likewise, I only feel compelled to clean when the trigger starts getting "gritty".

about 17,000 rounds before I cleaned it that time.... but clean the bore and lube the gun after every match. 2,000 rounds thru a Glock is like one month of matches.

image37142.jpg

Edited by 9x45

My CZ75b gets cleaned a couple times a season. Routinely goes 4k rounds with just lube being added. A lot of powders have graphite in them - a lubricant. The ammo is all non corrosive too, so a malfunction due to carbon buildup is about all you have to worry about. It's not going to hurt the gun.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've never been one that enjoys cleaning, and don't believe it is critical after every outing. I usually shoot two matches w my 1911 before cleaning and really at that point it's because it stainless and just cosmetically bothers me. If I don't have time or don't feel it's needed I just add a few drops of oil and get out there.

I had a buddy w a g17 that went years. Not necessarily many thousands (maybe 5k) but a long time too. Wanted to see how it would do. Never did hiccup. He only cleaned it because it got moisture exposure and he was worried about rust. I don't think he was even adding lube.

Red