Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought a gen4 glock 17.... wishing I went gen3

jtrump

Is there the slight chance I got the worst production built gen4 on the market? I can literally do nothing with the trigger to bring it under sub 8-9lbs. 3.5 connector, polish, springs, lightened firing pin, polished plunger etc. It came stock with a dot connector, and I'm guessing a 10lb trigger.

Tried slipping one of the triggers I had made for my glock 34 into place with the relocated trigger pad, no dice... and also when I try to use the rocket 3.5 connector, it seems like the gun won't function.

Is there anything I can do to make this trigger not a joke, or am I stuck buying a dk trigger?

Yea it's pretty terrible. Nothing is binding its just the most atrocious trigger Ive seen in a glock which has only been a few but still, When I felt it I was like no problem, little polishing, some springs here and there and a nice connector and nope still sucks.

I agree, something is wrong. A new Gen 4 should have a 5 - 5.5# trigger pull. I polish the trigger parts and put in a Vanek safety and 4.5# striker spring and get the trigger pull to under 4#. A Vanek Classic trigger kit on a Gen 4 17 and Gen 4 34 gets the trigger to 2.75# - 2.9#.

I have a Glock 17 Gen 4, I put a Gen 3 Trigger bar, Ghost Edge Connector, wolff 4.5 Striker Spring, Wolff RP Safety spring

and mine is under 3 lbs.

I did everything except for using the stock gen 3 trigger bar, as I have only one and it's modified where the trigger pad is re-located, but it won't fit in the gun properly for some reason.

I agree, something is wrong. A new Gen 4 should have a 5 - 5.5# trigger pull. I polish the trigger parts and put in a Vanek safety and 4.5# striker spring and get the trigger pull to under 4#. A Vanek Classic trigger kit on a Gen 4 17 and Gen 4 34 gets the trigger to 2.75# - 2.9#.

Yea we got a 2.5lb trigger in my glock 34 gen 3 pretty easy like.

I have the Glock 17 Gen 4. Dropped in a ZEV Kit, minus the lightened striker. Works great. I use Federal Primers and the 2# striker spring. 2000 rounds, never a problem. Also shoot in Limited Div, Minor. Loaded to 126 power factor and 11# recoil spring. Don't have a gauge for the trigger pull, but it's light for sure.

With the ZEV kit, I didn't have a bunch of mismatched parts, or try and polish this, or get this part and add this one. Saved myself the hassle and went with what is already proven to work. Good luck.

Is there lube on the connector? I use a little slide glide on mine and it makes a big difference.

Don't get carried away with the slide glide application between the connector and trigger bar. The standard slide glide is too viscous to be applied liberally. I learned this lesson the hard way and it cost me a HOA when my trigger decided to not reset on stage 6 of a match causing me to zero the stage. I have gone back to Hoppes gun grease in this contact area and Slide Glide on the frame railes, locking block, barrel lugs and hood, and guide rod. Been flawless for me for about 7000 rounds.

I use a light coat of medium slide glide and has never given me trouble, I could see a problem if it was over applied with slide glide heavy. I clean and reapply every few thousand rounds.

Try changing the amount of bend in the rocket connector. If it has too much bend it will keep the trigger from resetting (and/or drag)(Ed). Not enough bend and the trigger reset is soft (or else the Glock will fail to reset at all, and go full-auto on you)(Ed).

THIS!

Edited by Arc Angel