Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ReBlue-ing CZ Mags

Bam Bam

I completely removed all the bluing, inside and out, from my CZ mags....and left them bare...and the rust stopped. They won't win a beauty contest, but they work fine. For those that want to instantly remove bluing from something...

post-18733-0-72263500-1460503249_thumb.p

post-18733-0-89609500-1460503270_thumb.p

Grumpy - That's good to know. I actually buffed the blueing off of a bunch of my mags. It's a pain with sand paper an a buffing wheel. I'll have to give that stuff a try the next time I want to polish a mag. Do any of the big retailers (home depot, walmart, etc) stock the stuff or do you buy it online?

Grumpy - That's good to know. I actually buffed the blueing off of a bunch of my mags. It's a pain with sand paper an a buffing wheel. I'll have to give that stuff a try the next time I want to polish a mag. Do any of the big retailers (home depot, walmart, etc) stock the stuff or do you buy it online?

Home Depot or Lowe's will carry it. It is just a normal cleaner...that removes bluing.

Cerakote Microslick. No need for a curing oven it just air dries.

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/C-110Q/micro-slick-dry-film-coating/

Jason :ph34r:

do you have to remove the bluing before putting this on?
I sand blast or rough up the surface before I spray it on. Make sure you degrease the before you coat it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies.

Now i have to decide to strip, and leave it, reblue or Cerakote. ...

I am kind of lazy so probably go for the strip and as long as they are not rusting i use them

This is a good question since all my mags are getting rusty. I have to rub oil on them every other practice session or it builds up pretty bad

I had the same problem until I went to NP3 coating.