Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need a belt for 3 gun

I just shot my first 3 gun match a couple of weeks ago. I am officially fooked :cheers: . I used my EDC belt, and it worked, but I'd rather get a comp belt. I got a good deal on a holster and mag carriers. They already have teklok's on them so I wont convert to the ELS system. This pretty much leaves me with a CR Speed or a DAA. Which do you recommend? As far as sizing goes I'm right at 40" measuring around the outside of my pants. Those of you that are the same size, what belt size did you go with?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shooters Connection belt looks pretty good. And the forum discount knocks another couple of bucks off. Can any of you that recommended it elaborate on the sizing? It says to add 2". Is that what you all did?

The Shooters Connection belt looks pretty good. And the forum discount knocks another couple of bucks off. Can any of you that recommended it elaborate on the sizing? It says to add 2". Is that what you all did?

I measured from the hole to the pin on my ELS and added 4", was a bit longer, but that is how I like my belts.

This:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939443369/midwayusa-stage-1-competition-belt-factory-second

Now ya got a deal on your belt too!!....In fact....buy TWO!!!

Tim

That is a screaming deal for sure. But with SC being a forum sponsor I'd rather spend a little more and get one of theirs. Help those that help us you know.

Edited by optimator

I just saw where midway had there comp. belts on sale for $19. Might not be a bad deal.

I like my blade tech.

I haven't seen a midway belt for years but the old ones(10 years or more back) had the hook side of the velcro on the INNER belt which meant everytime you put on a jacket, the hooks would pull on the lining, everytime you got in or out of your car, the hooks would work on the upholstery, etc. They may not make them that way anymore but I would check into that before buying one.

The Safariland belt with ELS an QLS points is fantastic, it allows for near instant reorganization of your gear. You can even remove the holster and throw on extra shot sell holders if that is what a stage demands. Seconds to move rifle to the rear, pistol to the side and shot sells up front or any other configuration.

You can usually unbolt the tech loc from the accessory and put the ELS hook on. Really is the best way to go for 3-gun in my opinion. Once I get the belt on, I don't like taking it off so swapping accessories with the belt on fits my needs. Bit expensive but really works great. If you're going to keep the tech loc, I'd get the CR Speed. I used one for several years and it stood up very well. Inner belt is the loop Velcro so it doesn't catch on car seats, clothes etc. I've seen shooters add stick-on hook Velcro to the backs of the tech locs, that keeps a lot of contact. With pistol mags, shotgun caddies, a holster and a rifle mag pouch there will be very little Velcro contact on something like a CR Speed. You'll want extra wrap around "clamps" if you don't add Velcro. Before the ELS, I ran one in front and one in back and it still felt like my belt was going to fall off at any second.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw where midway had there comp. belts on sale for $19. Might not be a bad deal.

I like my blade tech.

I haven't seen a midway belt for years but the old ones(10 years or more back) had the hook side of the velcro on the INNER belt which meant everytime you put on a jacket, the hooks would pull on the lining, everytime you got in or out of your car, the hooks would work on the upholstery, etc. They may not make them that way anymore but I would check into that before buying one.

Don't worry, the loop velcro is on the inner belt now, I got one of these belts from a prize table and it is just fine. Nice and stiff. My other two belts are CR Speed and Double Alpha and the Midway belt seems comparable.

Eric

The Midway belt is awful. It has about $3 worth of actual value. Maybe less. I'd wear a leather belt before running that trash from Midway again. I picked one up a couple months ago to try since they went on clearance. Just awful.

The Midway belt is awful. It has about $3 worth of actual value. Maybe less. I'd wear a leather belt before running that trash from Midway again. I picked one up a couple months ago to try since they went on clearance. Just awful.

Mine works great. What problem are you having with it?

Tell me more. I've had an unused one in my spare gear bag for a year. I figured I'd loan it out if I ever succeeded in talking someone into trying 3 gun.

If you use tek loks just make sure you put some of the hook part of velcro on the back so you dont have any dead space between the inner and outer belts, if the belt falls off with your pistol on it even in the holster you'll be DQ'ed (seen it happen).

I use a custom belt from Jones Tactical with an inner and outer combo, its not as rigid as a double alpha but it has some flex to it so I can get it to conform around my waist better and stick better, plus it has a cobra buckle I run a few inces behind my holster so I can crab the "tail" and really tighten the belt up. Once I get it strapped up it isn't coming off.

You need a belt for 3-gun???? Hell I need a stiff belt just to get out of bed. I like to start off with Rebel Yell and then smooth it out through out the day and end with Bookers or Blanton's.

Oh you ment something to hold all your gear on you, well in that case it is hard to beat The Wilderness instructors belt. Yeah you have to take it on and off to reconfigure gear, but they will never leave you doing the D.Q. hula dance with Velcro inner/outer belt set ups.