Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

299,999.....Happy Birthday Benelli

kurtm

Saturday is my birthday, by design it will also be the day my beloved M1 will fire it's 300,000 round. The round pictured will be THE ONE!!! I want to really thank Federal Premium ammunition!!! They have given me phenomenal support over the years, and are a large part of the amount of ammunition fired through my M1. I really can't say enough about their ammunition. The consistency lot to lot has been unbelievable!!!!!

Anyway, enough of the love fest, the point of this post is 300,000 round through one gun. It has had 6 recoil springs, 2 carrier springs, one shell latch spring, 12 magazine springs ( I only use Benelli springs here and it is THE ONE they got right). It has had 2 shell stop roll pins, 1 extractor roll pin, 1 disconnector and spring, and the largest thing....one barrel extension, because at 235,000 rounds it broke the bottom locking lug recess. It still ran just fine, but it bugged me! :) I also rounded out a bolt carrier, and it would bounce out of battery occasionally.

So disconnector and spring......$ 37.00

Barrel extension.....warranty.....and they sure didn't have to! THANK YOU CARTER!!!!

Bolt carrier......$134.000

Springs over the years.....$80.00

Am I retiring this gun? Well no! It will be "in the rack" at every 3-gun, Skeet and Sporting Clays match I will be shooting this year. Last year it went to it's 2nd world shoot.

post-1176-0-45732400-1458275024_thumb.jp

Happy birthday and congratulations.

Question, how do you keep an accurate count of rounds through a gun? I am not questioning you at all, I'm more impressed that you know the number and can track it during matches that closely.