Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next Provisional Division

d_striker

I'm thinking what the next few provisional divisions will be. A lot of people like to argue, "what harm does a new provisional division do" so I say let's keep adding them. Why stop at two new divisions when we can have 6 more?

Here are the provisional divisions I would like to see:

-BUG division. 6 rounds max minor scoring.

-Limited Minor 15

-Production 15

-Limited Minor with Optics. 140mm mag

-Lever action carbine

-Tactical (lights, lasers, etc)

-.22 pistol division. Introduce Ultra Minor PF

-.22 Rifle division

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood the mind set that thinks too many classes hurts the sport. Yes, some classes will not have the participation of the more popular classes, but it certainly doesn't seem to hurt the NHRA. They have over 200 classes within 15 different categories.

we are talking about divisions. Who is talking about classes?

Do we want to be like NHRA? I don't.

While we are at it, why not SBR and airsoft division?

excellent suggestions.

also spring powered bb and co2 bb.

do we need a full-auto division. I bet it would be hella fun to shoot, and bring in new members!

Edited by motosapiens

I'm getting tired of Major how about

Open Major and Minor

Limited Major and minor

Limited 10 Major and Minor

Production Major and Minor

Single Stack Major and Minor

Rev Major and Minor

CO Major and Minor

PCC Major and Minor

So that is 16 divisions, with 6 classifications per division. So that is 96 different classes. Then do like IDPA and make every classification that has a shooter get at least a trophy. If we do it right every shooter at the match should finish in the top 3 in there division/classification.

I just took us from 8 divisions to 16, that is a 100% increase. That is how you grow the sport.

Edited by Racinready300ex

I would like to see the race division. Anything goes except no OPTICS or COMPS. No major or minor but it has to be center fire. No weight limits or length. No magazine restrictions. I would like to see what guns would evolve from this. And if this didn't work flint lock open.

I like where this thread is going. One thing you missed was a compact division (bigger than bug, but smaller than full-sized). I think it would draw new shooters into the sport, and we already agreed our matches need more shooters. :devil:

I like it. Makes complete sense.

I like this. HAve one or two 'experimental' divisions each year. Just to mix things up. Lever Action would be wicked pissah [yes, I'm originally from Boston]

The concept of .22 as an aggressive entry point would also be great and appealing to a much larger audience than now.

I'm thinking what the next few provisional divisions will be. A lot of people like to argue, "what harm does a new provisional division do" so I say let's keep adding them. Why stop at two new divisions when we can have 6 more?

-Limited Minor 15

-Production 15

-Lever action carbine

-.22 Rifle division

Would love to see Production 15. Doesn't IPSC use 15 rounds for their " production division" limit?

A 22 caliber division would be would be cool. But to be scored as a separate match. For a sub minor division to compete with minor or major PF would be insane. But this would make it possible for those on a more limited income to shoot with us.

I'm getting tired of Major how about

Open Major and Minor

Limited Major and minor

Limited 10 Major and Minor

Production Major and Minor

Single Stack Major and Minor

Rev Major and Minor

CO Major and Minor

PCC Major and Minor

So that is 16 divisions, with 6 classifications per division. So that is 96 different classes. Then do like IDPA and make every classification that has a shooter get at least a trophy. If we do it right every shooter at the match should finish in the top 3 in there division/classification.

I just took us from 8 divisions to 16, that is a 100% increase. That is how you grow the sport.

That, OR redo the ratios so that the extra capacity in minor is not Trumped by the scoring advantage of major.

If its capacity limited, there would still be an argument for separating minor and major.... But if you had different capacity limits for each (limited Major=10 rounds, Limited minor= 15... Or something equitable) they could play in the same sandbox, and pick their guns based on their own personal strengths/weaknesses.

-Limited Minor 15

-Production 15

-Lever action carbine

-.22 Rifle division

Would love to see Production 15. Doesn't IPSC use 15 rounds for their " production division" limit?

A 22 caliber division would be would be cool. But to be scored as a separate match. For a sub minor division to compete with minor or major PF would be insane. But this would make it possible for those on a more limited income to shoot with us.

Ditto!

Edited by IronArcher

excellent suggestions.

do we need a full-auto division. I bet it would be hella fun to shoot, and bring in new members!

Best new thread ever!!!!!

I want to see crossfit division.

30 burpees then turn and draw!

We really need to recruit non 40+ male shooters in this division!

Edited by Ultimo-Hombre

excellent suggestions.

This would REALLY grow the sport. Everyone that does crossfit talks about crossfit 24/7.

excellent suggestions.

This would REALLY grow the sport. Everyone that does crossfit talks about crossfit 24/7.

Let's talk about Paleo!!!

I would like to see the race division. Anything goes except no OPTICS or COMPS. No major or minor but it has to be center fire. No weight limits or length. No magazine restrictions. I would like to see what guns would evolve from this. And if this didn't work flint lock open.

Already happened. Back in the day, that's the way it was-only one national champ. Run what you brung!

Well, as everyone knows the equipment to get into even production is still so expensive, so I propose this new Economic Division.

Production Single: Same guns as production, but you are only required/allowed one mag. (to save on equipment costs!) That one mag must be tactically reloaded through out the stage! Oh, holsters and mag pouches are too expensive too, so all stages will have a special table start position, and the mag will always be started in the gun or on the table.