Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you prevent competition jersey from coming untucked?

acpie360

It is rather annoying to find myself frequently tucking my competition squad shirt back under the belt. I think the problem has something to do with the polyester material since I don't have this problem if I wear an ordinary t-shirt. Has anyone tried using a pair of shirt stays?

I've got the Tall TechWear version and it will still come untucked. I now tuck into my underwear ( sorry if that is TMI, but you asked for a solution ) and i never have a problem. It's a little weird at first, but it works great.

I'm glad someone mentioned the shirt stay coming. Loose and smacking you in the balls. After 8 years in the marine corps I had enough of that happen I never want to deal with it again

Had to wear them as a freshman at Colorado Springs...running the marble strips in our blues. Every now and then, that sock end would work its way loose and SMACK!

PR_265023.jpg

They have two downsides:

1. When the end comes loose from the sock, it snaps upward vertically and smacks you in the balls.

2. They look really dorky with shorts.

OH, HELL NO! If I saw someone wearing those I would assume they lost a bet or reach down and unclip them from their sock so that they DO get smacked in the balls.

PR_265023.jpg

They have two downsides:

1. When the end comes loose from the sock, it snaps upward vertically and smacks you in the balls.

When in the Hell, did you ever run and take a knee with them. All of us who have worn them... Wore them in dress uniforms. Not in battle uniforms or PTs. They make a sticky rubber like belt, you can wear around the waist that will get the job done. Or as a RangerTrace pointed out go for the "in the drawers" option. His law enforcement experience makes him the SME in this case(getting in and out of cars, and the nature of their job...RESPECT)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rangerdug

For the shirt stays, just use a set with loops on the foot portion. It prevents the ball slapping from happening.

Again, I will echo what others have said. If you're wearing these with shorts...reassess your life. :P

PR_265023.jpg

They have two downsides:

OH, HELL NO! If I saw someone wearing those I would assume they lost a bet or reach down and unclip them from their sock so that they DO get smacked in the balls.

And exactly how would you know someone was wearing them without looking down their pants .....?

PR_265023.jpg

They have two downsides:

And exactly how would you know someone was wearing them without looking down their pants .....?

If they are wearing shorts it's obvious. Read Chills1994's post. I ain't no pervert, I'm just an a_-hole.

PR_265023.jpg

They have two downsides:

When in the Hell, did you ever run and take a knee with them. All of us who have worn them... Wore them in dress uniforms. Not in battle uniforms or PTs. They make a sticky rubber like belt, you can wear around the waist that will get the job done. Or as a RangerTrace pointed out go for the "in the drawers" option. His law enforcement experience makes him the SME in this case(getting in and out of cars, and the nature of their job...RESPECT)

Freshman have to run on the white marble strips here, regardless of uniform:

air_force_2.jpg

I stand corrected, some individual military experiences may vary. It must have been awful. I would love hear all your war stories from the academy. But seriously you want to compare an Air Force cadet life to 3gun, especially after you had GrumpyOne and others throw out better more practical options. That is what we are talking about is practical options, when you do pop one, what do you have to do to fix it? Most of the time it requires going to private place and dropping trou, which is obviously much easier then just tucking in your shirt.

Edited by Rangerdug