Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightest Fastest Glock Trigger Setups for 3 Gun

12glocks

I have been running the following setup for years: Glock 3.5# connector, Wolf competition spring kit with 4# striker spring, polish job.

This worked well for IPSA and IDPA games but 3 gun has longer shots on smallish steel targets. I find myself wanting a lighter trigger thinking the trigger is holding me back a little in the handgun component.

I have searched and read various reviews. It looks like Zev is good, Vanek is good also.

I do use Federal primers or Winchester if I cannot get Federal. Reliable primer ignition is very important to me.

I would want any system I go to, to be similiar to shooting the glock stock system because I carry Glocks too.

Any tips, directions, analysis on the various products out there would be appreciated. Is there potential to lighten the trigger much and still be reliable?

I have a full zev production kit in my 34 that I like with the factory style trigger. It has the lightened Ti firing pin. Its kinda mushy like most tuned glock triggers, but it is light. It more rolls off the "seer" rather than a crisp break. Even lighter than my STI with a dawson trigger job. It feels nothing like the STI, but its a glock. I have had 100% reliability with all ammo including WCC nato rounds, Hornady Crit-Duty/defense, Speer Lawman, and Gold dot.. My reloads usually take WSP's and Remingtons with no problems on ignition. I have not personally used federals since I stocked up to crazy amounts a few years ago and still slowly working through my stock. :devil:

I have a full zev production kit in my 34 that I like with the factory style trigger. It has the lightened Ti firing pin. Its kinda mushy like most tuned glock triggers, but it is light. It more rolls off the "seer" rather than a crisp break. Even lighter than my STI with a dawson trigger job. It feels nothing like the STI, but its a glock. I have had 100% reliability with all ammo including WCC nato rounds, Hornady Crit-Duty/defense, Speer Lawman, and Gold dot.. My reloads usually take WSP's and Remingtons with no problems on ignition. I have not personally used federals since I stocked up to crazy amounts a few years ago and still slowly working through my stock. :devil:

I can do mushy just want lighter. How is the titanium component holding up? I was leaning towards the ZEV trigger with a stainless striker. I am apprehensive of the titanium components. Thank you!

I have been leaning towards trying a ZEV the most. Anyone else have opinions :cheers:

Edited by 12glocks

You know what, it is a stainless lightened striker not ti. And its held up great. I have owned the pistol for 2 years and have probably 20k through it so far. The only issues i have had with zev is the plating on the connector and trigger bar parts started to kind of flake off and i had a problem with the plastic trigger safety not engaging right. Zev took care of both problems for me and replaced the defective parts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have two Johhny Glock triggers and a Vanek. All three are sub 3#, short take up, crisp / clean brake, no over travel and minimal reset. I purchased the two JG triggers first. I have had severe wear on the Johnny Glock safety buttons. He has stood behind them and replaced them but the replacements are wearing quickly within only a few thousand rounds. They are wearing around the lower diameter, near the spring end and not on the top. The Vanek button looks like new with 10s of thousands of rounds through it.

The Johnny Glock triggers were the closest "Glock" trigger to a true 1911 as you can get. However the Vanek is no slouch either. I'll likely purchase another Vanek in the not to distant future.

I had a full Zev Ultimate kit and I've tried a Vanek GM kit. I ended up getting pretty much the same with the right springs. I have tried the Royal Arms trigger and like that very much but I shoot production so I don't have one. I use a Ghost Edge connector, 4.5 striker springs and RP fps spring and xp TRS. My pull is 2# 10oz and I use CCI primers.

Edited by nwhpfan

You already have the major components for a light trigger. The Vanek trigger is slightly lighter than most on the market due to the location of the trigger spring on the trigger bar which reduces the pull weight approximately 4 oz.

If you want something with a lighter trigger pull you may want to ship your pistol to Joe D. who modifies the trigger bar for a reduction of approximately 16 oz.

I will say I think you would be very happy with a trigger kit from me. I am always looking to improve things and working on diff changes to see if this helps or that helps or what ever else can be done I can assure you I am always looking to improve it or make it a better deal or something to keep the customer happy.

I am a one my shop yes my lead times are a little behind from some unexpected delays and a move and the past holidays etc. but I promise it's worth the wait

I will say I think you would be very happy with a trigger kit from me. I am always looking to improve things and working on diff changes to see if this helps or that helps or what ever else can be done I can assure you I am always looking to improve it or make it a better deal or something to keep the customer happy.

I am a one my shop yes my lead times are a little behind from some unexpected delays and a move and the past holidays etc. but I promise it's worth the wait

Thanks guys. I will call Daniel in a couple of days. And thank you for replying Daniel as well.

In my competition Glocks I have a Vanek Classic GM, 2 Zev ultimates and 1 trigger that I pieced together. Vanek is great if you want to stay with the stock trigger shoe to replicate the feel of your carry gun. The Vanek Classic GM is almost as crisp as a factory 3.5 lb trigger but feels much lighter and is much shorter. The Zev trigger shoe is far superior to the factory one and pull weight and length are greatly reduced. The only downside to the Zev is that their connector does yield a mushy feel as others have stated. I pieced together a trigger for a limited gun I built and it is much shorter and crisper than both the Vanek and Zev and is just as light. I bought a trigger and striker from Deus Ex Machina, steel Lightning Strike fps, Vanek ejector housing with adjustable pre and overtravel, Lone Wolf 3.5 lb connector, Ghost maritime spring cups, reduced power fps spring, 4 lb striker spring and 6lb trigger spring. These parts combine to create the shortest, lightest and crispest Glock trigger I have ever felt. The DEM trigger is also a flat faced trigger which I love. All three of these triggers run flawlessly with Federal, Winchester, or CCI primers.

You can forget everything above and just get the DK custom kit. Works with CCI primers and Federal.

Maybe not everything above ^^^^^^ :goof:

Haha, sorry Trace I think we were typing at the same time.

My Lightning Strike Ti striker wore out in about 9 months. The wear was on the engagement surface with the trigger bar. By "wore out," I mean it lost enough material the engagement was no longer sound and it would slip off during trigger reset, causing the pistol to double, triple, and in one particularly exciting string I was trying to double tap a close target and ended up with 5 holes. Glad I have a strong grip.

I'm deciding between hunting a new trigger to keep it somewhat relevant to my duty gun or just going back to my STI.

In my competition Glocks I have a Vanek Classic GM, 2 Zev ultimates and 1 trigger that I pieced together. Vanek is great if you want to stay with the stock trigger shoe to replicate the feel of your carry gun. The Vanek Classic GM is almost as crisp as a factory 3.5 lb trigger but feels much lighter and is much shorter. The Zev trigger shoe is far superior to the factory one and pull weight and length are greatly reduced. The only downside to the Zev is that their connector does yield a mushy feel as others have stated. I pieced together a trigger for a limited gun I built and it is much shorter and crisper than both the Vanek and Zev and is just as light. I bought a trigger and striker from Deus Ex Machina, steel Lightning Strike fps, Vanek ejector housing with adjustable pre and overtravel, Lone Wolf 3.5 lb connector, Ghost maritime spring cups, reduced power fps spring, 4 lb striker spring and 6lb trigger spring. These parts combine to create the shortest, lightest and crispest Glock trigger I have ever felt. The DEM trigger is also a flat faced trigger which I love. All three of these triggers run flawlessly with Federal, Winchester, or CCI primers.

What is the difference between the Deux Ex Machina flat trigger and the IDP Flatline trigger? They sure do look identical.