Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most popular open class bullets

shooterclay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily.

Precision Delta 124 jhps are $7 cheaper per 1000 if you buy 2000 or more.

MG are worth the extra $7.

Not in my experience. But to each their own.

Perhaps they have improved but if you can work up a good search on here you'll find plenty regarding poor accuracy with PD. but like I said perhaps they have improved if you are getting good results.:)

Not necessarily.

Not in my experience. But to each their own.

Perhaps they have improved but if you can work up a good search on here you'll find plenty regarding poor accuracy with PD. but like I said perhaps they have improved if you are getting good results. :)

I did my due diligence and searched.... through 4-5 pages of threads containing "Precision Delta".

Found very few if any comments citing poor accuracy due to the bullet itself.

However I DID find comment after comment by posters mentioning that their PDs loads were very accurate.... some saying they were the most accurate they'd found.

Again, to each their own. Every shooter has to use what works for them. But, PD 124 Jjph's are very high quality, consistent bullets.

Not necessarily.

Sorry buddy, but I disagree. Montana gold was "the" player for open. Always had bullets in stock (mostly). I have switched to Precision Delta now that PD is producing a 115 and 124 JHP. Montana Gold bullets do not seal as well in the barrel. Who cares right? What I noticed is a hell of lot more lead in my comp with MG. How so with JHP (No exposed lead base)? The gas is escaping past the bullet and melting the lead in the JHP. Does not happen with PD.

PD take less powder and seals better which equals higher power factor. I don't see any lead my comp now. The other side--the gas is working the comp better also.

Edited by lcs

PD take less powder and seals better. I don't see any lead my comp now. The other side--the gas is working the comp better also.

I've never heard that before - thanks for the input.

I've been using MG for 8 years now - have to learn more about

these PD's. :cheers:

PD take less powder and seals better. I don't see any lead my comp now. The other side--the gas is working the comp better also.

Me too until PD started producing them in quantity.

Precision Delta is not new to the bullet game.

They have been producing quality ammunition and jacketed bullets for a long time.

They are also a long time sponsor of USPSA, and have been, and I believe still are, the official match ammunition of USPSA.

Check em out... I think you'll like what you find.

Hello: I have shot lots of Montana Gold 115gr JHP's over the years and never seen any lead in the comp. How would the gas go around the bullet and then enter the front of it to melt the lead? Montana Gold bullets are made from a brass alloy while others are using a copper based alloy. The brass is harder than the copper so it may seal better and be slightly slicker. I would say more top shooters use Montana Gold bullets than any other brand. Thanks, Eric

Hornady fmj 115's . relatively inexpensive fmj

I thought? the Hornady's were much more expensive than MG's or PD's??? :cheers:

Aren't you getting any lead in your comp with the FMJ's? I used to use FMJ's

but got my comp all leaded up - switched to JHP's, and NO LEAD. :cheers:

Precision Delta is not new to the bullet game.

They have been producing quality ammunition and jacketed bullets for a long time.

They are also a long time sponsor of USPSA, and have been, and I believe still are, the official match ammunition of USPSA.

Check em out... I think you'll like what you find.

Agreed, but for the longest time the only bullet they produced for an open gun in 9 was FMJ (exposed lead base). PDs 115 JHP and 124 JHP in 9 are great. Very accurate in my open gun. PD also ships the bullets in an easier to use box. MG you get one USPS box with 4 thousand bullets in a plastic bag. Most would not care, but for someone with a bad back--PD boxes are better.

What i have noticed in general is in guns with no barrel ports/holes I like the 124's better, with barrel port/holes the 115gr get the nod.

Best all around if I was to only stock one would be a 124 grain bullet.

Might be worth mentioning that if you are shooting in IPSC (vs USPSA), there is a minimum bullet weight of 120gr. Assume there is no limit in USPSA?

Kase

112 grains in open. No minimums in other divisions Edited by Sarge