Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement Glock 34 Barrel

xxDRBxx

Looking for some opinions on a replacement glock 34 barrel....

I'm not expecting my 34 to shoot like my custom limited 2011 build, my expectation in a replacement barrel is simply shooting lead bullets. With that being said, is there a better performing option out there in the aftermarket barrel world? Ultimately I don't want anything that reduces reliability and or requires a ton of custom work to get to run properly.

Looking for some opinions on a replacement glock 34 barrel....

I'm not expecting my 34 to shoot like my custom limited 2011 build, my expectation in a replacement barrel is simply shooting lead bullets. With that being said, is there a better performing option out there in the aftermarket barrel world? Ultimately I don't want anything that reduces reliability and or requires a ton of custom work to get to run properly.

most AM barrel makers will make drop in replacement barrels...still reliable...KKM seems to be priced right for the quality...

Right.... That's really what I'm aiming for. I have to spend some money to save some money (shooting lead). If I have to do that anyway, is the extra $60 for a KKM going to be giving me something extra performance wise.... From the input here, it sounds like it will

Drop in's are fine for lead, but typically no more accurate than OEMs. The only way to get more accuracy is go with a hand fitted barrel, I run BarSto's.

Yeah, I get that too. Im really not like oking to get into anything more than a drop in. The accuracy advantage a fitted barrel will offer would likely nothing I would ever see at a "A" or "B" level shooter. I could pick up up the extra points by laying off the beer and loosing a few pounds too ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you're after accuracy, the factory G34 barrel is capable of 3" at 50 yards with a highly-tailored load. I switched to a threaded LW when I decided turn my Production Bianchi gun into a USPSA Open gun. The factory LW wouldn't chamber ANYTHING, I sent it back and had the chamber opened up and the throat reamed deeper. Functionality is good now but accuracy isn't great.

Drop in's are fine for lead, but typically no more accurate than OEMs. The only way to get more accuracy is go with a hand fitted barrel, I run BarSto's.

That's been my experience as well. The most accurate Glock I ever shot was a 6"G21 top end build by Bar-Sto. Tack driver! Running a close second was a G 35 with a gun smith fit Bar-Sto tube and a Vanek trigger -- shot that in Limited a little. Night and day difference from stock and from KKM drop in barrels.....

Started shooting lead through the stock barrel on my 34 for the first two years that I owned it. I then thought that I had to have a KKM barrel just to shoot lead. Ever sense coated bullets have come around my KKM barrel sets in my safe. Will have to say that the stainless look does make the gun look good!

No. Still drag it out on some occasions.

I was getting some leading in the stock barrel after 100 to 200rnds but this was with bare lead bullets. Now that powder coating and hi-tech coatings have come around the only residue that I find is powder fowling.

The KKM barrel may be a little better for accuracy but not enough to justify. :D

• 2 months later...