Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gamer CZ Hybrid gun

zhunter

I shot a ACCU Shadow for about 7 months before switching to a P-09 to be legal in CO.

If you could take the trigger and magwell from the Shadow and the weight of the P-09 that would be an awesome gamer gun.

Yep, I do like the lighter P-09 for draws and transitions, and especially long dry fire sessions, but the trigger is just not of CZ 75 quality. I have worked the trigger P-09 to death, and it is very good, it is light (Federal Primer only) with a pretty short reset, but the Shadow trigger is the hands down winner.

People say the Omega generally feels better out of the box than the 75 trigger. What I hear anyway.

My gamer CO guns will be either a 75B semi compact or one of the compact pistols. got to get it together and see how to make it work.

People say the Omega generally feels better out of the box than the 75 trigger. What I hear anyway.

My gamer CO guns will be either a 75B semi compact or one of the compact pistols. got to get it together and see how to make it work.

Obviously my post was about a mythical perfect scenario, but wouldn't the Gamer CO gun be a 85 Combat? Does the 85 Combat have the larger magwel?

I'm actually liking the lighter gun, but want the magwell and trigger of the Shadow.

Does the Shadow lite have the larger magwell of the SP-01?

Edited by zhunter

Obviously my post was about a mythical perfect scenario, but wouldn't the Gamer CO gun be a 85 Combat? Does the 85 Combat have the larger magwel?

I'm actually liking the lighter gun, but want the magwell and trigger of the Shadow.

I will let you know if my 85 Combat will work in about a week, waiting on the machine to finish milling the slide for the DeltaPoint Pro

I will let you know if my 85 Combat will work in about a week, waiting on the machine to finish milling the slide for the DeltaPoint Pro

Will definitely be interested. Curious about the Pro on the slide. Its wider than the older model.

85 combat doesn't have the SP-01 magwell bevel. I don't think the Shadow lite does either. That being said, my reloads aren't any slower with the 85 than they were when I was shooting a sp-01 shadow.

Jay, serious question. I think you have both the P09 and the P07, right? Both set up for CO? What percieved advantages does the P09 have over the P07, other than a longer barrel? Is the P09 more accurate? Less recoil? Easier reloads? Faster transitions? Give us a break down of between the 2 guns, some of us are riding the fence on which one to start with.

Thanks!

Jay, serious question. I think you have both the P09 and the P07, right? Both set up for CO? What percieved advantages does the P09 have over the P07, other than a longer barrel? Is the P09 more accurate? Less recoil? Easier reloads? Faster transitions? Give us a break down of between the 2 guns, some of us are riding the fence on which one to start with.

Thanks!

Gump, I only have P-09's. I will say that the lighter gun (as opposed to the SP-01) is faster to draw and transition. With proper loads, springs and a good grip there is little, and I mean very little muzzle rise.

The downside to the P-09 is the Omega trigger, but more than the trigger is the magwell for reloading. This is a huge advantage for the Shadow over the P-09. I have worked and tweaked the P-09 trigger, and it is good bit it is not and never will be a Shadow trigger. The reset is the biggest difference. Pull weights are very similar in my gun, but the P-09 is Federal primer only for the 5# DA and 2.14# SA. Shadow at the same pull weights lights up most primers. There is no working the magwell. Sure I beveled it within the rules, but it is less forgiving to reload.

From what I have read/researched tonight, the 85 Combat does not have the larger magwell, so that is not going to fix the reloading problem. The 85 does fix the trigger issue and makes weight when milled for a slide (I think ).

Overall, the P-09 is a very good CO gun. IF the weight limit is rescinded I will have a tough decision to make.

Hmmm, maybe a p-01....

P07 Duty ( first generation) had a curved trigger, round hammer, sharper angle on slide, plastic sights.

The P07 ( 2nd gen) has the straighter P09 style trigger, squarish hammer, interhangeable back straps, front cocking serrations.

The P01 is such a fine specimen of a firearm , it spawned the most popular production firearm and would make a fine CO base, especially if comfortable with working in the 75 platform. Fits like a well worn glove , look no further ....

OK, in the search for the perfect CO gun, I have some questions.

1) P-01 has a 3.8" barrel. Obviously with a dot sight radius is not an issue, but does a shorter barrel of a P-01 as compared to the 4.58" of the P-09 hurt accuracy?

2) does the P-01 use 75 series (shadow) magazines?

3) does the P-01 have the same grip size as the Shadow?

4) Does the P-01 have the same trigger system as the SP-01?

The downside to the P-09 is the Omega trigger, but more than the trigger is the magwell for reloading. This is a huge advantage for the Shadow over the P-09.

do you practice reloads? I find no difference in reload times between guns with big magwells (tac sport and 1911 with dawson ice) and my cz75b with no magwell at all. Seems like any double stack gun is pretty easy and fast to reload if you practice.

The downside to the P-09 is the Omega trigger, but more than the trigger is the magwell for reloading. This is a huge advantage for the Shadow over the P-09.

do you practice reloads? I find no difference in reload times between guns with big magwells (tac sport and 1911 with dawson ice) and my cz75b with no magwell at all. Seems like any double stack gun is pretty easy and fast to reload if you practice.

HA, I dry fire all the time, most likely about 20 minutes a day. Have you shot a P-09? They are nothing like reloading a Shadow. And a 1911 with a SS legal magwell is MUCH easier to consistently reload than a P-09 and possibly a Shadow. FYI, I shot SS for 5 years so my experience is extensive for the above comparison.

The difference in the P-09 reload in my opinion is the longer length of the magazine itself. Seems that it takes me a couple of Dry fire sessions to adjust to the length between my shadow and the P-09. I have a friend who shoots a M&P and I let him run the 09 and he felt the same issue.. just my opinion

Will definitely be interested. Curious about the Pro on the slide. Its wider than the older model.

We've milled SP-01 slides and CZ 97 slides for PRO's. They sure look funny on the slim CZ slides, but can be done. 85 would be doable.

97:

As1Q4Y9.png?1

SP-01:

jmP59Ai.png?1

Edited by bruceg

HA, I dry fire all the time, most likely about 20 minutes a day. Have you shot a P-09? They are nothing like reloading a Shadow. And a 1911 with a SS legal magwell is MUCH easier to consistently reload than a P-09 and possibly a Shadow. FYI, I shot SS for 5 years so my experience is extensive for the above comparison.

only 20 mins? lol.

no I haven't shot a p09 or a shadow. my experience is with a cz75 (no magwell or flaring) and with a 1911. same reload times and consistency. but I practice.