Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has the RTS2 become the preferential C-More?

Rudukai13

I hope you have an explanation for the grip technique on the guns in the lower photo :P

That said, Thanks! it is a very good visual account of how the different optics look from the shooter perspective. I want a little red dot with a big window, and I'm hoping the RTS2 (or3 if rumors are true)will be the one that makes me retire the big sideways monstrosity I have now.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A RTS2 was used to win Open Nationals this year.

I've had to send mine back for the latest upgrades and they are working fine now. Once C-More gets them 100%, I think they will be the norm.

Edited by ebg3

Ive switched from an traditional cmore to an rts2 and am loving it so far. Things i like over the original cmore is that it is a lot easier to sight in, it steps up the appearance of the gun alot as opposed to the original which to me is quite average looking quality wise although being still a very good optic. I also like the fact the rts2 runs a cheaper and more easily availiable battery and also has auto shutoff. Also no possible ejection problems is nice. About the only advantage i see with the old cmore is the much cheaper price.

This is really just the data nerd in me thinking, but it would be interesting to put together a list of the current top shooters and list what their optic setup is - Vertical C-More, horizontal C-More, RTS2, other...

Anyone know if this would be possible? It could be updated throughout various shooting seasons to watch the trends of how optic development/utilization evolves with the new micro RDS market...

I wonder whatever happened with the Perfect Open Gun Optic (POGO) that was discussed here awhile back...

I thought that would be a huge success. May be he lost interest.

Last released prototype photo a few months ago. Have seen or heard nothing about it since. I'd like to help develop the thing too.

I was going to post the pic, but can't. Here's a link https://www.instagram.com/p/704b8qC018/?taken-by=binaryeng

He seems to have gotten hardcore into pocket knives. It's about time someone takes this niche opportunity and actually runs with it.

The question I have is why, like the prototype optic from BinaryEngineering, couldn't C-More integrate a full circle lens into the RTS2? Perhaps we'll see the full lens in the rumored RTS3?

That would seem to me to be the largest functional drawback of all these mini RDS - They all sacrifice lens size for compactness.

Edited by Rudukai13

I wonder whatever happened with the Perfect Open Gun Optic (POGO) that was discussed here awhile back...

Last released prototype photo a few months ago. Have seen or heard nothing about it since. I'd like to help develop the thing too.

I was going to post the pic, but can't. Here's a link https://www.instagram.com/p/704b8qC018/?taken-by=binaryeng

He seems to have gotten hardcore into pocket knives. It's about time someone takes this niche opportunity and actually runs with it.

post-56194-0-30647500-1449880281_thumb.j

In addition to commenting just on the poll, can everyone who's had experience with both the original C-More and the RTS2 discuss what you liked about each, disliked, what you'd change on the RTS2 to make it a better option, etc.

I have two CK arms open guns, one with an original C-More on a traditional mount and an RTS2 that came with a 6moa dot and sent it back to C-More to upgrade to V3 8moa board and it is starting to become my favorite. The RTS2 dot is very sharp almost HD like compared to the original C-More, the dot can be turned up to be much brighter than the original, the bore offset is way better than the original on close in shots and the glass seems to stay much cleaner with the three poppel holes on my guns. There are downsides though, the glass is slightly smaller, it takes longer to shutoff after a stage, the dot on min is almost too bright on indoor ranges and the glass is harder to clean when the gun is in the holster, granted if you don't have poppel holes it would be less of a concern how easy the glass is to clean during a match. A larger glass is really the only upgrade I would like to see in the future as the size of the original glass is perfect.

That picture is killing me! That is a bad ass optic! Does someone know his wife to tell her how much money they are missing out on!?

I've been using them since their arrival. One I had to send back and second is newer model that worked all season and mounted to a Cheeley mount. Personally, I wouldn't return to the original C-More (which I've used for years) unless I had too. Everything about the RTS2 is almost perfect, perhaps a slightly larger lens as many have said, but the size used is still good enough. It's so much better than that big clunky original that the decision should be a no- brainier.

I am seriously thinking of replacing the Slideride on my second gun with the RTS2 as well. The one I have had some early issues, but I hope they are behind me.

What is stopping me is the $800 price tag of the sight plus new mount.

I am seriously thinking of replacing the Slideride on my second gun with the RTS2 as well. The one I have had some early issues, but I hope they are behind me.

Jesus! Where are you shopping, Macy's?!?

Sight is between 3-400 and mounts less than a hundred

Jesus! Where are you shopping, Macy's?!?

Sight is between 3-400 and mounts less than a hundred

HOLY $#!+!!! Is it a special gold plated edition? $420 is the highest I've seen. Mounts around $100 or so. About $525 or less for everything.

Gentlemen, I am talking about the SVI gun, and they have two versions of the RTS2 mount: aluminum for $210 and titanium for $400.

My first, aluminum one, broke rather quickly, so I had to go for titanium. Given that experience I would only consider the titanium.

I have always liked the SVI two-sided mounts.