Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there a bullet profile that feeds best in CZ's?

LeviSS

My take,slight touch into the lands rifling,rnfp seem to be best profile, CZ's mostly run a short throat, IMOP

Yes only true way use a plunk test,no worries if bullet seems a tad long,if it will probably fire flawlessly.work with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Garmil do you happen to load 147s? I'm looking for a good OAL for a new SP-01. My M&P load at 1.16" OAL plunks fine in my CZ but gets stuck nose up into the slide. I got some advice to load shorter to around 1.10" OAL; factory Blazer brass 115s function 100% so decently sure the issue is with my load.

An easy way to check is take a fired case and the bullet you are using. Get the bullet started in the case and push it fully in to the chamber that will tell you max. Measure and make your oal a little shorter and you're good. Easier for me than making different lengths with the press.

I load xtreme 147's at 1.145-1.15 OAL. Have never had an issue in my 75, 85c, SP-01 Shadow, or TS.

Load Blue Bullets 147's at 1,135 it's a tad long accuracy is excellent O crimp,cycles flawlessly in CZ TS,Witness,Glock35,Beretta 92G, only bullets so far have to be loaded real short 125 BB and 124 hprn Berry's 1.10

I have been using Black Bullet International 135gr 9mm and they have worked very well for me in my CZ Accu Shadow.

Nice,sounds like a great wieght,price and bullet profile do BBI have,

I just received some 125gr Lucky 13 coated bullets. They are round nose, but there is a slight shoulder between the contact area on the OD and the round nose. I was able load to 1.150. Have not shot them yet but they are the only lead coated bullets I have found that I can load that long in my shadow.

Garmil do you happen to load 147s? I'm looking for a good OAL for a new SP-01. My M&P load at 1.16" OAL plunks fine in my CZ but gets stuck nose up into the slide. I got some advice to load shorter to around 1.10" OAL; factory Blazer brass 115s function 100% so decently sure the issue is with my load.

So far the only issue I have had with any load came from following the advice to load short :) . SnS 147's are working well in my SP01 and LS at about 1.152 avg (1.150 was the target but measured is about 1.148-1.158 ) , at 1.135 I had the same feed problem with both guns.

So far the only issue I have had with any load came from following the advice to load short :) . SnS 147's are working well in my SP01 and LS at about 1.152 avg (1.150 was the target but measured is about 1.148-1.158 ) , at 1.135 I had the same feed problem with both guns.

IMOP, every bullets has a different OAL, a barrel plunk test with a sample fire exercise is your OAL for that bullet coming from rifle best accuracy is touching the groves long as possible.

I've tried several different bullets and length. I have found that as long as you keep the OAL between 1.125 - 1.135 in .40, just about anything will feed. I'm currently using 200gr Xtremes @ 1.131 OAL with zero issues so far. I have tried 190gr Black and Blue @ 1.130 OAL with no issues till the barrel get a little dirty. Then they FTF. But, these are .402 diameter and I think that may be a little too large for a CZ. I have tried 200gr Bayou's with no problems, they are .401 diameter all around the 1.130 length.

Edited by UFO

If feeding is your main concern, round nose wins every time. And especially round nose plated or jacketed. The most forgiving bullet type and profile for the CZ in my experience.

I have found this to be true for nearly all of the 9mm I have loaded for.

However, my favorite bullet is currently the 147g truncated cone. I have used moly, powder coated, and hardcast and they have all proven to be absolutely reliable performers in all my 9mm.

I am currently testing out some 126g hardcast SWC and they seem to be promising.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I've tried several different bullets and length. I have found that as long as you keep the OAL between 1.125 - 1.135 in .40, just about anything will feed. I'm currently using 200gr Xtremes @ 1.131 OAL with zero issues so far. I have tried 190gr Black and Blue @ 1.130 OAL with no issues till the barrel get a little dirty. Then they FTF. But, these are .402 diameter and I think that may be a little too large for a CZ. I have tried 200gr Bayou's with no problems, they are .401 diameter all around the 1.130 length.

Is this true while cycling them through the gun by hand? I've loaded some 180 grain round nose blue bullets with 4.2gr of wsf loaded to 1.118. I have not been able to shoot them yet, but cycling them on the bench I get about 3 ftf every mag. Wondering if a different bullet is in order? They also seem very deep in the case.

I forgot to mention it is a .40 tactical sport. All stock besides the grips.

Edited by yz125mm700