Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches for 2011

Deerhunter9790

I recently bought a 2011 with the intent to use in 3 gun matches. I was using a glock 34 and used the CR Speed pouches which I really like. However they don't give me much confidence for holding my MBX mags. Any suggestions on what holds 140mm MBX mags better? Thanks

I use Bladetechs and also the MBX 140s for 3gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The eclipse model?
Pro-series on ELS, using DAA belt. For 3gun.

a3127a2405a563f343638f54c2cd840c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Edited by AustinWolv

I use my cr speeds for 2011 mags. No issues

Do you not feel like they are going to fall out? It feels like there is no way they will stay in there during some 3 gun stages course of fire. They felt very top heavy and shallow for the length of the magazine.

I use my cr speeds for 2011 mags. No issues

Do you not feel like they are going to fall out? It feels like there is no way they will stay in there during some 3 gun stages course of fire. They felt very top heavy and shallow for the length of the magazine.

I use them for uspsa and 3 gun just tighten them down like you did with your glock mags and they will be fine. Now with that said I am only using 140 mags. 170 may be a different story

Double Alpha is the way to go. My mags are MBX and they fit perfectly. DA has built in tightening knob so you can adjust accordingly. A lot of options in DA, you can even install the spacer for single stock mags (if case u need SS mag pouch). It's pricey but you got a lot of options that comes with it.

I don't know why everyone isn't using the Ghost. They are the cheapest (or one of the cheapest) option out there. Have solid retention but come right out when you yank them.

+2 for Ghost. Very good retention and they still slide out smoothly.

I had a cr speed versa pouches that I used twice. Although no issues, I didn't like that it seemed that the piuch was only holding the very end of the mag. I ordered DAA racer mag pouches (not the racemaster). I really like te DAA , holds well and is very smooth! Do t forget to lock tite the position screw once you get it where you want.