Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Limited Shooters using frame weights

RangerTrace

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you luck with getting the holster. I started making my own holsters so I have some plans drawn up but first I need my buddy to machine my weight. I ran a limited M&P for several years and thought I held it pretty flat until I got to watch some good video of myself. I'm going to try and find the sweat spot as far as weight goes so this will be a process and several holsters as I remove weight.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer having a frame weight on my glock whether shooting major or minor. It does make the recoil impulse more "dull." The bigger advantage to me is that it improves the consistency of my transitions. You may be able to drive a lighter gun faster between targets, but in my experience I can stop a heavier gun where I want to easier with excessive sight movement.

I finally decided to go with a frame weight......but it's attached to my Sight Tracker..........

IMG_2680_zpslxysns6r.jpg

I made the mistake of shooting my SS Infinity yesterday. It almost instantly killed my motivation for shooting a Glock in Limited.

Man that's a sweet ride. I never get tired of seeing this pistol! lol How do you like the grip on it? How does it compare to a stock polymer grip (STI) that has been reduced and stippled?

Edited by 3djedi

Be sure the slide its rubbing the weight and that when the weight was installed it isn't distorting the frame slightly. Also perhaps the change in recoil impulse is causing mild limp wristing but my biggest bet is slide interference with the frame or the weight depending on the type of malfunctions

This may be a little off topic, regarding the SJC weight install. Has everyone been drilling countersink holes in aluminum base for all four setscrews? Or , just the two setscrews that are on top of the recoil lug? The instructions lead me to think only the two are necessary and the other two were just extras.

Also are you countersinking your holes deep enough that the setscrews will be flush with weight when installed?

I know what I want to do, but thought I would check here and see what others are doing.

I drilled countersink holes for all four set screws. I had to file the recoil lug tab a bit to get it to fit, and its very tight and had to use a "bit" of pressure to get it installed. I figure that there is a lot force and its not going to hurt having all four. I did not countersink deep enough so setscrews are flush with weight installed. I just installed mine in the last hr so I have not got to shoot it yet lol

• 2 months later...

I have a friend at Safariland and asked him to make me a holster for a G35 with the SJC Frame Weight. My justification was that since it's now legal, there would be lots of shooters wanting them........we will see what happens

Any luck with this?

I have a friend at Safariland and asked him to make me a holster for a G35 with the SJC Frame Weight. My justification was that since it's now legal, there would be lots of shooters wanting them........we will see what happens

Any luck with this?

Nope, I quit pushing the issue when I sold the G35.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...