Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Limited Shooters using frame weights

RangerTrace

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one on my G35 with the thumb rest from SJC and I do not run one on my G24.

Personally I like a heavier gun which is why I run it on the G35. With the frame weight and Magwell the gun weighs almost as much as an Edge. The heavier frame with a fast cycling slide provide for a great platform. The down side is the holster choices. To me the G24 doesn't need it as it's pretty heavy as is.

Get one and try it Trace. With your lightened slide throw in a 12-13lb recoils spring and see what you think. Personally I think you will like the balance and it will help keep the recoil down a little and the gun with track better.

I have one on my G24, G35 and my G21 Tactical. It's the best recoil reduction money I ever spent! Like DK said with the frame weight and the heavy magwell you have a formidable package to fight those all steel guns. I am a big old boy so the weight does not bother me at all. I love mine for dampening the recoil! I also put one on my Freelance G22 sight tracker and it is just awesome with the light slide speed and the recoil reduction. Other than having to use a modified race holster it is the bomb!

It's certainly tempting for the G35. But I hate to change holsters........I can swap G34, G35 right now.......

I recommend eating a couple more burgers, leaning into the gun, and working on hand/forearm strength -- but then I'm not a buy performance kind of guy when it comes to shooting Glocks..... :P:P

When I first got a 35, the recoil threw me a bit -- but once i learned to really focus on body mechanics and the crush-grip I could drive it like my production 34.....

I tried the weighted flashlight for a few matches over a few months. It does feel like less recoil. It has a duller feel. However, I ran it on a timer back on forth shooting el pres and other basic drills. Times were basically identical. I felt slightly slower on transitions.

This was with a Glock 24 with a lightened slide for reference.

I installed one as well on my G35. I sold the Double Alpha Racer and bought a used CR Speed for use with the frame weight. The holster is not quite as nice, but to be honest, draw speed was never my strong suit anyway. I shoot some steel matches, and although I tend to do well overall, my first shot times are average at best. So I don't feel I gave up much with the holster change.

Now for the frame weight, I really do feel it was worth the money. Having that weight out front does make a difference to me with a light plastic frame. I did tap the aluminum index part for the set screws, and I recommend doing this if you can. It makes for a very solid installation.

I have the SJC dowel thumb rest rather than the frame weight thumb rest. For me that combination works great.

Edited by sdrr72

Just have a belt and holster mag pouch set up for limited and one for production. Trust me it'll happen one day anyways lol. I have a belt set up for every division lol. Or just buy a holster it doesn't take that long to switch

I would buy the weight too, if it didn't require me to spend big bucks on a new race holster. My bladetech works great for me now. The frame weight puts the weight exactly where my gun needs it. Sometimes I think it's dumb for me to keep putting money into my glock, trying to make it into what I really want but can't afford... a steel Limited gun. When I make the switch one day, I think I'll miss all the tinkering and cheap parts to try.

Yeah, I'm thinking that might be the best way to get a holster. I thought about having someone machine two pieces of tungsten into the shape of the batteries. That would add a couple ounces of weight and make it easier to get a proper holster..

#9 birdshot in a glock flashlight makes it weigh 8.5 oz if you rip all the flashlight guts out. :)

I'm assuming this ruins the light? I'm looking into doing this. It isn't a big deal if it kills the light, but I thought if it didn't work out, at least I could resell it if it was salvageable.