Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Limited Shooters using frame weights

RangerTrace

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my race master and would hate to have to cut on her just because I can't/won't grip my gun correctly.

Properly learn the fundamentals of shooting and stop trying to buy improvement.

The most effective long term way to but improve is with more ammo thru the barrel. No short cuts.

I love my race master and would hate to have to cut on her just because I can't/won't grip my gun correctly.

The most effective long term way to but improve is with more ammo thru the barrel. No short cuts.

I guess that's why Vogel is doing it huh? I don't think anybody grips the gun harder than he does.

As someone who uses a frame weight, and by your standard I clearly must not have my fundamentals down.

I wonder what class shooter you are, and how many wins you have in limited or open with your light weight Glock against heavier 2011's.

I would just like to know more about the guy on the internet saying I'm trying to buy improvement because of a part I run on my gun.

Racinready300ex I was/am not trying to offend you or anybody on skill or fundamentals deficiencies. I am the first in line in needs improvement; I am not a bad shooter but I am also not a GM. However, it became apparent to me that through reading this topic that no one had talked about the purpose of a frame weight and addressed how fundamentals can/should address the issues. I add weight to my Limited and Open Glocks like the next guy, that's not the point I was/am trying to add.

As RangerTrace stated, Vogel, who switch from heavier STI's back to Glocks and takes second in Production Nationals 2015.

The following link is more where I was/am coming from: http://americanwarriorshow.libsyn.com/size/25/?search=the+great+on

This is a podcast interview of Rob Latham by Mike Seeklander's American Warrior Show. Although it is long, it is very informational about how we become great (>95%) shooters.

I hope this clarifies the grey!

Come on BSComp giving these guys a hard time.. I could have swore you were trying to switch to an 2011 open gun

I would personally like to try a frame weighted glock.. My only question is does it cause issues on the 40s? I have read about weapon lights increasing the slide speed on the older gen 3 guns.

Edited by Foxj66

No, Vogel shot STI's for about 3 years before switching to Glocks, somewhere in the mid 2000s. He is the opposite of Taran, who started on Glocks and went to STIs.

According to Taran, he has somewhere around 30 Infinitys........Not sure about any STIs. :devil:

"I am willing to bet that if someone was to ask Vogel if he would rather have a great grip or a frame weight, the answer would be ............hmmm?"

The real answer is "both". One without the other is a total waste. The frame weight is well worth modifying a holster. And in answer to the question about the weight in .40 caliber....It works perfect, the only difference I can tell after thousands of rounds is less recoil. Sooner or later some enterprising person is going to make a holster for a Glock with a frame weight in the conventional form when enough of them are sold. I will be standing in line to buy one.

The thread is about people using frame weights. The OP wasnt asking about any way to mitigate recoil other than by adding a frame weight. If yall want to discuss other means of recoil mitigation, perhaps another thread is needed.

Edited by wgj3

The thread is about people using frame weights. The OP wasnt asking about any way to mitigate recoil other than by adding a frame weight. If yall want to discuss other means of recoil mitigation, perhaps another thread is needed.

amen : )

• 2 weeks later...

If you go on YouTube and watch the Pro-Am from 2014 Vogel was running that flash light weight on his 9 mm 34 ?

He used that weighted 9mm to beat Eric G in my book that is the definition of done

Edited by ryan45kim