Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting bullets delivered.....almost

CZinSC

I knew my case of BBI's were out for delivery today because i was tracking the package. Of course the mail truck comes when i was on a conference call. So after the call i go downstairs and the girlfriend says "your bullets are in the front yard". I say "you mean front steps". "No....i mean front yard".

Apparently the normal mail lady was off today and the reserve USPS driver said "I don't know whats in here, but its too heavy for me, i'm going to leave it right here"

If it wasn't so comical, I'd call and complain. Plus, I figure if i complain, they'll say next time i have to come down to the Post Office and pick up my boxes.

At least she put them in the shade!

20150706_150042_zpsrjmnnfg4.jpg

I always get the note to pickup at the post office. Once the po employee rolled the box out on an office chair. I said "if it fits it ships." She was not amused. I understand because 3k + bullets are heavy.

The normal post lady will deliver to the garage door because she knows that is where i take them anyway. I used to have a backup guy that delivered on monday's and he would pull the truck in the driveway and talk guns with me, he was a shooter himself. He was able to do the route in a few hours less than the normal lady, so he always had time to kill.

Better than what I get. I get a note that says I wasn't home in my mailbox which is across the parking lot from my apartment. Funny because this has happened when I was sitting 10 feet from my door waiting for the delivery more than once.

Ha, Thats great!

My USPS carrier always sticks the note in the box for me to come downtown and pickup. I'd always show up and give them hell about their "if it fits, it ships" bull crap.

That depends on your FedEx account. I get a deal through work and FedEx beats the USPS almost every time on rate. USPS wins on rural deliveries almost universally however.

People gripe a lot about USPS bullet deliveries but I don't want to think about how expensive reloading would be if we had to pay ups or fedex to deliver 70lbs of lead across the country.

I would definitely agree with you. We can grip all we want, BUT.....

I have priced what it would cost me to send a case of my bullets to montana gold using BOTH UPS and FEDEX. The UPS cost was just over $50 (Wholesale) and the time in transit for them was 5 business days, where USPS is $15 and only 2 days in transit.

FEDEX pricing was slightly lower, but still double what the post office flat rate is. and again the time in transit was double as well.

Edited by RIShoota

My mail person always leaves the box beside my mailbox at the street. It's a minor inconvenience and not worth losing any sleep over it. My wife will go get the box if she sees it before I get home.

Better than what I get. I get a note that says I wasn't home in my mailbox which is across the parking lot from my apartment. Funny because this has happened when I was sitting 10 feet from my door waiting for the delivery more than once.

I used to live in a condo and my kitchen had a perfect view of the locking mailboxes. I had multiple occasions where I'd watch the mailman walk up and put the mail in the box only to go out and find a pickup slip saying he attempted delivery but no one was home. Really sad considering he had to walk right past my door to get to the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk