Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is CZ the dominate Production choice now?

Hardly anyone shoots glocks here in Australia for IPSC. We don't have USPSA.

Shadows would be the most popular still but tanfoglios are common.

The stock 2 extreme is the new best thing. At twice the price of a shadow it's STI money.

Edited by dansedgli

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stock 2 extreme is the new best thing. At twice the price of a shadow it's STI money.

Come on .... how can you not have a United States Practical Snhooting Association in Australia ...? :)

Come on .... how can you not have a United States Practical Snhooting Association in Australia ...? :)

Unfortunately it wasn't my fellow Australians that made me feel I had to mention it. :P

I've been noticing more and more but, I've also been noticing a lot of folks saying they spent 1800 on a accu and they have nothing but issues with it so they give up and go back to plastic. I think most that go to them are used to maintaining a plastic gun which is minimal cleaning and lube. I've found that my cz likes to be cleaned and kept nice and lubed with slide glide after about 4 or 500 rounds. I use TG so it gets pretty gunked up. I learned the other day that I really need to clean the extractor every few thousand rounds or I will set feeding issues.

To sum it all up, a CZ takes more TLC to keep running well but the benefit gained from the gun is exponential. Personally I enjoy sitting down drinking a beer and cleaning my gun.

Quite a few where i shoot. I bought a CZ Accu Shadow. Great gun but I can't get used to that first DA pull. Back to the XD for me.

If it's setup properly that first DA pull should be lighter or at least smoother and cleaner than anything you can get on a polymer striker fired pistol. I love Glock's. I've carried them for work and self defense for around 30yrs. When I compete the Glock's stay in the car or at home and my Shadow's come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a few where i shoot. I bought a CZ Accu Shadow. Great gun but I can't get used to that first DA pull. Back to the XD for me.

If it's setup properly that first DA pull should be lighter or at least smoother and cleaner than anything you can get on a polymer striker fired pistol. I love Glock's. I've carried them for work and self defense for around 30yrs. When I compete the Glock's stay in the car or at home and my Shadow's come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should get your facts straight.

Your gonna start seeing a lot more Sig P320's

Really super high bore axis and crap trigger. I am not thinking so. As for the CZ's they seem like nice guns but a DA SA fan I am not no thanks.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Your gonna start seeing a lot more Sig P320's

Really super high bore axis and crap trigger. I am not thinking so. As for the CZ's they seem like nice guns but a DA SA fan I am not no thanks.

Pat

I'm curious to know why you think the P320 has a crap trigger? Its certainly one of the best OEM striker triggers I've felt. Sure it might be heavier than most people in this game are looking for but who shoots a stock trigger anyway?

I am curious how the 6lbs modded DA pull can be lighter than a 2.5lbs APEX MP9 trigger...

Change the main spring on the CZ and get a 4# DA and 1.5# SA

The Apex sear gets rid of the little angle that moves the striker back just a hair, so it's more like a SA trigger with the Apex.

I had an M&P setup, but like the CZ better.

Edited by Quack

I am curious how the 6lbs modded DA pull can be lighter than a 2.5lbs APEX MP9 trigger...

Change the main spring on the CZ and get a 4# DA and 1.5# SA

The Apex sear gets rid of the little angle that moves the striker back just a hair, so it's more like a SA trigger with the Apex.

I had an M&P setup, but like the CZ better.

I have xd's and cz's. Even with an 8.5lb main spring, my 2.5lb xd trigger is infinitely better than the cz DA pull. And about 800% shorter.

DA is only a possible 1 shot per stage, many stages have unloaded starts, so no DA first shot.

DA is a non issue

Exactly. Some dry fire practice when getting into a DA/SA, then it is not an issue.

DA is only a possible 1 shot per stage, many stages have unloaded starts, so no DA first shot.

DA is a non issue

Its an issue in my opinion. Maybe not a huge issue but I prefer a non DA SA gun like the Glock.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I did a walk back drill to 55 yards on a 12" steel plate... grass got too tall to see over is the only reason i quit. I don't see it being an issue to me. Your preference is yours though. I carry DA/SA guns and compete with them, and have for many years.

as for "dominating" ... wouldn't the gun have to win nationals, pushing out all others, or outsell all others, glock, M&P, and many others have a pretty good following in production still.

Warms my hear to hear all the love for CZs & 75s in general (I consider the Tanfoglios and all other clones to be "75s").

The comparison to a 2011 is the key factor in the popularity of 75s IMHO. The second most important factor is the consistently excellent accuracy I've found in CZs (and most 75s).

Weight is key: most 75s used in IPSC & USPSA feature a steel frame. The SP-01 goes even further by adding a full-length dust cover that was once all the rage in Limited/Standard STIs like the legendary Edge 5.0 (though I recognize shorter Limited STIs have gained popularity).

Contrast that nose-heavy weight with Glocks, XDs, M&Ps and other polymer-framed guns; there is no comparison. And the traditional frame material in Beretta 92s and many Sigs is Aluminum Alloy.

Sevigny, Vogel & other Glock champions proved that its possible to dominate with a polymer gun; Stoeger proved it with an alloy gun. But the trend towards 75s shows that the weight and accuracy they offer is considered an advantage by many mere-mortal shooters.

As for durability/low-maintenance-reliability, I do NOT consider my 2011s to be the ultimate in that regard; it takes a lot of work/magazine cleaning to keep them functioning perfectly.

So it is with CZs. But we are talking competition guns here. So I don't think the talk about worn trigger return springs or the old slide stop breakages on 175 PF Open Tanfoglios is relevant today.

To me, a 75 is as close to a Production-legal 2011 as is made today. (plus I have always been kind of a 75 nut even if my avatar was an old M&P).

I did a walk back drill to 55 yards on a 12" steel plate... grass got too tall to see over is the only reason i quit. I don't see it being an issue to me. Your preference is yours though. I carry DA/SA guns and compete with them, and have for many years.

as for "dominating" ... wouldn't the gun have to win nationals, pushing out all others, or outsell all others, glock, M&P, and many others have a pretty good following in production still.

I did a walk back drill with my little baby Glock 43 and hit until 50 yards on a 8 inch wide by 16 inch tall piece of steel. Preference is preference. It takes more time and effort to master two trigger pulls that time and effort could be put into other shooting tasks in my opinion.

Pat