Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship 2015

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what caliber do you think will dominate the field?

If you are talking about results, I would expect to see 40s at the top primarily because of who is shooting them.

In sheer numbers, probably 45.

I doubt there will be any statistics provided, but SS is probably further from being an arms race than any other division. Any 1911 with a decent trigger, sights and magwell that runs can be competitive.

I'd imagine the top spot will be claimed by a man shooting an STI framed McLearn 40... but that's just my guess.

Fun match! Good shooting with you Chuck. I can't believe how terribly I bombed the 50 yard string on the standards; did surprisingly well on the other 3 strings though...

-Russell

Yup, it was fun. Hope to see you at Area 2!

Fun match! Good shooting with you Chuck. I can't believe how terribly I bombed the 50 yard string on the standards; did surprisingly well on the other 3 strings though...

-Russell

Funny thin: my second best target was the 50 yard! 4/5 ! Edited by ChuckS

Yes, it was great weather and fun ROing the squad Chuck and Steve were on all day (even though I didn't shoot).....I'm sure all competitors will have an enjoyable weekend, the weather still looks good at around 76-77 and sun for the weekend

I'd imagine the top spot will be claimed by a man shooting an STI framed McLearn 40... but that's just my guess.

What would your 2nd guess be? :)

I was so busy on my stage that I never even paid attention to what Rob and Nils were running.

Angus was easy though, he was running a 9mm, and only needed 31 rounds (IIRC) to complete it, and take the "W" (stage 3).

Edited by superslowmo

will there be statistics on caliber used, gun manufacture used, etc. once the event is over?

I'm very curious what the latest SS combination is.

If you wish to accept my method of estimating... I can provide the caliber breakdown as a percentage. These numbers are based on a random sampling of brass burned thru by shooters on Stage 3 over the 3 days of the main match.

• 45 ACP - 43%
  • 40 S&W - 31%
  • 9 mm - 26%

I was surprised that the 40 S&W number came out larger than the % for 9 mm...

Edited by Rookie