Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship 2015

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just received confirmation this morning.

"This email is confirmation of your spot in the WSSSC match.

There was an error on the match dates on the application. The WSSSC - Match correct dates are November 13-15, 2015

Self-squadding for the match will be done on the USPSA web page at a later date. All non-members and parents of juniors must sign the Liability Waiver Form."

Lester

Chuckie, what does it say at the bottom of your personal match management page

"We have not approved you to shoot yet. You will receive an email when you have been approved"

Just got an email saying I am in. It also said this:

"There was an error on the match dates on the application. The WSSSC - Match correct dates are November 13-15, 2015"

There is an echo in here... :roflol:

Edited by ChuckS

Yeah I asked about the date thing awhile back on the calendar thread. Calendar showed the same as the registration page but the club calendar showed the 13-15th. I Will be in Prescott this weekend as well. Single Stackin Oh Yea!!!!! Gluton for punishment :D

ChuckS, didnt know you shot single stack? but if you do, thats great!!!

We used to have a tradition where after Area 2 (when it was in Nov) we would pull out the single stacks and warm up for the WSSSC. Once that was done, we were more than ready to go back to the dot and big stick! :roflol: I actually shot a single stack in L-10 for a couple years. That was prior to SS division being formed. It is kind of nice to get back to the roots but I am enjoying 30+1 in 9 mm. ;)

(My friend Tom invited me to shoot the Single Stack Classic in 2002. I signed up and then decided to buy a single stack! I never did shoot that match but I did shoot L-10 with it; A bit later, I took a SA mil spec and some money over to Will's and he built me a nice one. I will be using that one in November. There is a possibility that I may RO the match.)

Edited by ChuckS

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chuck, Bless you for keeping us informed and I thank you for it. My question is "Why is it left up to you to do it"

Well, I am going to be working the match. So, I thought I would share whatever I hear. Since I recently retired, I can pretty much keep tabs on what is going on. Not being a Rio local presents some challenges but I try. I am sure that Steve,Dave,Steve,and Cheryl are doing their best to pull stuff together. I suspect that some of those poor folks have jobs that interfere with match planning. ;-)

This match has grown from a club match on steroids to the near equivalent of the Desert Classic with a bonus Revo match! Have faith, this will come together as the usual solid Rio USPSA match!

Again, I will pass on any info I come across.

I got onto a squad this morning. I'm assuming that if you shoot on the morning squad Friday you shoot on the afternoon Saturday. Do they put the stage descriptions out before the match? Anything else that's good to know? Thanks, Mark

I got onto a squad this morning. I'm assuming that if you shoot on the morning squad Friday you shoot on the afternoon Saturday. Do they put the stage descriptions out before the match? Anything else that's good to know? Thanks, Mark

Yes. 50 yd standards!