Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Considering stippling for the first time. Any recommendations?

XxMerlinxX

• 2 weeks later...

I also think grip tape / talon grips are the way to go especially if this is your first grip modification. You can experiment with different patterns and it isn't permanent. I just bought some stair tread safety tape. I put masking tape on the grip and colored with a crayon to show me the contour of the grip and cut out the masking tape and stick it to the back of the grip tape to create a stencil them just cut out the grip tape and place it on the pistol. You way need to create some relief cuts so it van follow the contours of the gun.

I would go with a talon grip and with that being said, get the regular m&p grip because it wraps all the way around the back strap as opposed to the PRO grip which doesn't. Just to be aware the grip tape doesn't like to stick to the rubber back straps on the pro line so what I did was just super glue the grip to the rubber backstrap since it can be replaced. At the end of the day I a replacement backstrap can be bought for a few bucks and having the sandy grip tape is much better than stippling the rubber back strap or having the grip slide around on the back strap.

• 3 months later...

Take your time. Practise on a old AR handguard, magpul pmag, or mag base-plate. Have a plan on where to set tool down (it's HOT!), and the cord could pull it aside or to the floor (been there). Draw a plan on the area with a pencil (it wipes away later). I bent the tip on my heat tool to accommodate the angle that was comfortable to my technique. The repetitive motion will aggravate you eventually, best to make it as easy a process as possible. Hope this helps.