Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Benelli Generation III Gun Championship Presented By MGM Targets

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are updating the rules and had a quick question for the Heavy Optics/Irons shooters and heavy shooters only.

We are wondering if the Heavy Optics shooters want to go with one Charlie or better or even one hit anywhere with the rifle to neutralize.

For Heavy Irons do you want one Charlie or better or one even one hit anywhere to neutralize rifle and pistol paper.

We want this match to be what the shooters want not what we think you want.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I had to drop from this match because we are moving that weekend, but my comment is that changing the rules 2 weeks before the match is bad form. Change them ONLY before signup so shooters can check them out before sending in their money.

jmho

My personal opinion on the question of HM big guns scoring is I would rather see scoring on paper stay the same, 1 Alpha or 2 anywhere, to reward accuracy. That being said, I MIGHT be convinced to allowing 1 Charlie to neutralize (I said MIGHT be), but definately not 1 anywhere. Just to put it in perspective, I also could be convinced to have 1 Alpha or 2 Charlies, Ds don't count...

jj

As the resident heavy metal shooter, I would be okay with allowing a single Charlie hit to neutralize a heavy target.

The only issue I see is that as an RO that would require us to be extra careful when scoring, because on a lot of stages, shooters are going around pasting at the same time as scoring. It's not an insurmountable problem but it is something that needs to be considered.

I have to shoot pistol sans corrected vision, and never know what my hits on paper are till I walk up to the target. For me, 1 hit anywhere on paper is a blessing. 3 Gun Nation club matches are a hoot!

What is the range like at this location? Can you get around in cars or is truck type recommended?

Also, is it carts friendly or drive from stage to stage?

Thank you.

Edited by Gunnar

What is the range like at this location? Can you get around in cars or is truck type recommended?

Also, is it carts friendly or drive from stage to stage?

Thank you.

You will drive to each stage in your car or if it rains a lot probably in your suv/truck. You will be within 20-40 yards from every stage with your vehicle. I would not bring a cart personally.

I think that since we get to shoot our 9mm in Heavy optics that I could live with 1 A/B or 2 anywhere, but 1 A/B/C isn't too bad either.. might push people to make a mistake trying to be faster.

We were just thinking one C or better fit the big bullets like .308 & .45. But it's the shooters call. Feel free to email any of us with your suggestions.

How many total stages?

Will there be a pre-registration where we have to sign the day before? If so where and times?

If I get there late Thursday afternoon (5pm), could I drive to the range and see the stages?

Squading?

I am guessing all this information will be posted by the weekend?

Sorry for so many questions but I have a busy week ahead and I am preparing as I have time.

Looking forward to the match!

Mike

I have not seen it yet with 1 pistol hit, I have seen 1 rifle hit as the 308 is a devistating hit in most cases and we adopted that as well but still require 2 pistol hits with 45.

Jay

What would you prefer? We want to make this change (if there is a change) for the shooters by the shooters. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I guess I realy don't rate as I don't shoot heavy. Sorry for poking my head into this. I do want to see what happens and what the shooters choose.

My apologies. I didn't mean to come off harsh. I thought you might be slinging the big bullets. Sandra emailed all of the Heavy competitors and we have heard back from several. I'm gonna dust off the heavy gear if I can find it but I didn't want to make the rule change based off of my opinions cause I don't shoot heavy regularly. Thus far it sounds like most Heavy shooters agree. We will let everyone know ASAP if we make a change.

I too the drawings Chad sent me and put them on paper last night. The stages are much bigger and badder then last year. Hope to have them posted today.

You are only allowed to fart in the lake, if you fall in. And it's on video otherwise it's a procedural for each bubble. Somebody posted the video from last year of a certain person falling in the drink.

http://youtu.be/SJFZ3tDEW_o