Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Benelli Generation III Gun Championship Presented By MGM Targets

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a "gps" address for the range?

From HWY 54 take Highway A East to Circle Z Drive, turn left into.

Circle Z Drive., Montreal, MO 65591 Will get you close on an iPhone.

The link on the Generation3gun.com website gets you there via Google.

http://generation3gun.com/the-competition/location/

Here is the schedule. I look forward to seeing all of you this weekend. Shooters meeting on Friday at the stats camper: 7 AM for the early group and 11:45 AM for the late group. To get to stats, drive past the lake, the private entrance (5MPH) and stay left at the Y to the top of the first big hill. Stats is in a big field on your left- look for the camper.

2015%20GIIIG%20Schedule_zpsxcyrfsls.jpg

ZEMAN%202015_zpsayonpoo9.jpg

What time is check in and where at the range is check in.

Stage 6, potty stage.

Abandon on empty barrel only?

Can we shoot 1 gun from multiple windows?

Chad & Jeff are shooting the ROs thru today so I doubt you'll hear from them today. I haven't seen the stages other than what you see here. Do unfortunately you'll have to ask the RO at the match. Chad tells me it's pretty straight forward. Don't miss and you won't have to run back the the crapper like you had bad Chinese food last night.

The updated rules are attached. We only made slight changes to make the rules match what we were actually using at the match last year in terms of scoring. We had a 10 second penalty for no shoots in the rules and that was reduced to 5 seconds. We removed the extra penalties for longer range targets.

We changed the wording for Heavy Metal Scope and Heavy Metal Limited cardboard target neutralization to match the one rifle anywhere for .30 caliber or larger rifles and 1 hit anywhere for .44 caliber or larger pistols.

We removed some redundant stuff on safety, arbitration etc. The Range Master and Assistant Range Masters will handle all of the arbitration, rules interpretation etc. Pretty simple stuff really nothing to worry about unless you planned to bend the rules as and Chad's ear.

This will be uploaded to the website ASAP.

Let us know if you have any questions.

2015%20Generation%20III%20Gun%20Champion

2015 Generation III Gun Championship Rules.pdf

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Just wanted to let all of the shooters know that Stage 1 had to be removed from the final match scores. There were issues with consistency of target presentation for all shooters on the very cool floating targets. Shooters or anyone in attendance can still shoot the stage for fun.

Stage 7 - What did yall think of the new start position both hands on gun pointed anywhere? Our idea was that it would speed things up because the ROs wouldn't have to talk every other shooter into moving their muzzle/stock up/down to get into an acceptable low ready/port arms. You could start on target or with the gun on your shoulder or upside down ready to load. Shooters choice.

I was so concerned about getting the slug shot in under 0.2 I forgot to load my shotgun!

Stage 7 - What did yall think of the new start position both hands on gun pointed anywhere? Our idea was that it would speed things up because the ROs wouldn't have to talk every other shooter into moving their muzzle/stock up/down to get into an acceptable low ready/port arms. You could start on target or with the gun on your shoulder or upside down ready to load. Shooters choice.

I was so concerned about getting the slug shot in under 0.2 I forgot to load my shotgun!

I felt so dirty :unsure: , are you sure I can do this ? ? ? ?

It was hard to get used to,

seemed to work as intended - mess with the shooters head, make them make mistakes :roflol:

Edited by toothandnail