Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Benelli Generation III Gun Championship Presented By MGM Targets

Here's my take on it after my first time in attendance.

The good:

The general concept of the match is awesome. What you guys are doing for the junior shooters out there is nothing short of amazing. Seeing that many junior shooters at a major match is like chicken soup for the soul.

Great location. It's nice having the range close to an area that has so many hotel and dining options. We stayed at the Scottish Inn and while the place was a little dated, it was clean with good housekeeping and the rate was only $50 a night. Plus it was a two story, walk out motel, so it was easy to get gear in and out of the room. I see no reason to look elsewhere if I make it back next year. For dining we ate at Bootleggers, Bandanna's Barbecue and the bar and grill right by the range (the name escapes me). All were excellent and reasonably priced.

The range. I love natural terrain matches and this being my first time at this range didn't disappoint. I am extremely glad we opted to take a truck instead of a car to the match though. The offset in fuel cost was well worth not leaving parts from a low slung vehicle all over the range.

Really good, fun and creative stages. A bit of a bummer that the lake stage got tossed, but it sounds like Chad and company are already working on a solution to fix it for next year.

Great RO's. Some of the best in fact. Recruiting RO's that are there to help the competitors have an enjoyable experience is paramount to any matches success. It was good to see a lot of same crew that used to RO Midwest at the CMMG range.

The gathering before the awards was fun and the catering was pretty good. Thanks for the free beer also.......free beer always tastes better!

Miss Dalton's rendition of our National Anthem was one of the coolest things I've seen at a match. What an amazingly talented young lady!

The could be better section:

Edited to send privately.

Edited by Shooter115

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now 4x4 with a pistol, That's a fun challange. :devil:

Sadist!

You can't expect semi-pro shooters like Jesse to aim! Haha

I agree tho...the kids had enough issues with the 6x7 tombstones, 8" round would give them a little help and really speed it up for B-class shooters like myself.

I agree the 6x7's were hard for beginners, but, my understanding is this match isn't geared toward jr's, it's a benefit for jr's.

That being said we don't want it to be near impossible for them to do decent on many of the stages, a few that they time out on encourages good time management.

One thing I was surprised, not a single adult shooter asked me for time, during their run, Josh only remembers 2 on his stage.

I don't know if the 150 par just didn't compute, I know many who, when read their time(or timed out) commented

"it sure didn't seem that long"

You are correct. This is not a match built for beginner or Juniors. It is a match to raise money for Juniors. But since it's free for Juniors they seem to like it.

Since I shoot pistol like a beginner I want big targets as close as possible! Same goes for slugs, rifle and shot.

How do I place an order for targets? And what was the size at match, 6X7?

Mike

Go to

http://www.toothandnailarmory.com/product/TN566.html

We will have the 6x6 square and 6x7 tombstones with an AR500 target face, also a 5/8" stake vs 1/2" . First batch is nearly sold out, we will have more finished around the 28-30th of this month

We've had several requests from USPSA ranges, and other ranges that only allow AR500 for all steel, they are laser cut.

Edited by toothandnail

Two years ago I was at the 3-Gun Nation Shoot Off in Las Vegas and the rep from Leupold was there. They had donated $25,000 of the $50,000 that went to the winner. He came over to me and shook my hand and said thank you. I was surprised and asked for what. He told me I was the only shooter (might have said pro shooter but you get the point) who sent a thank you after they sponsored a recent major match. Please, please, please send thank you to our match sponsors. At the very least send a thank you to the company who donated the prize you took home.

Here is a great picture to go alone with your message. We had 36 juniors shoot this match for free.

488E0B4A-19DD-4CAE-8DAB-094615C260BF_zps

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Thanks for the orders, here's what we have avaliable for the Gen 3 match deal. $20.00 each plus shipping.

15 - 6x7 tombstones

20 - 6x6 square

25 - 5x5 square

Once these are gone , back to normal prices.

We have 10 - 6x7 in AR500 available now at regular price

And will have more of both 6x6 & 6x7 in AR500 late next week.

Last post about these here.

Thanks for the orders, here's what we have avaliable for the Gen 3 match deal. $20.00 each plus shipping.

15 - 6x7 tombstones

20 - 6x6 square

25 - 5x5 square

Once these are gone , back to normal prices.

We have 10 - 6x7 in AR500 available now at regular price

And will have more of both 6x6 & 6x7 in AR500 late next week.

Last post about these here.

Post away! More chit chat the better.

The overall reviews of the match are positive and we appreciate the feedback. I am very proud of the hard work we did and the money we raised for future generations of our sport. I am grateful to be a part of an organization that is so positively regarded in our shooting community and I thank everyone who helped with the match for contributing to Generation III Gun's success, a special thanks to the RO's who treated our shooters like customers.

Privately we have been given constructive criticism that mostly focuses on the admin side. We will do our best to bring that part of the match in line. Much of the feedback centers around the prize table. It was not our intent to have the prizes displayed in the smallest room in the hotel, or for you to not be able to walk through ahead of time to review the prizes. When we arrived Saturday afternoon to start laying out the prize table, that room you walked through for prizes was the only one in the hotel not occupied by another conference. It takes several hours to set up a prize table; with conferences in the large rooms ending at 4:30 and 5:30, we simply made do with what we had. Because of the way the hotel treated our contract, I am currently trying to put together a group of smaller hotels to take our match. I know it would break all of our hearts not to get to go back to the Inn, but the one thing we get with that hotel is a central location.

There are also a number of folks who have recommended that we regularly update our website during the match. Unfortunately, this is simply not an option. GIIIG, Inc. relies on a volunteer web designer (Pierce Colman) and we try not to take advantage of his generosity with too many requests. We will however do a better job communicating through Facebook and Enos.

In the future, rest assured we will learn from our mistakes and smooth out the rough edges. Thank you for your support, your patience and your feedback.

Jeff Welsh

Co-Founder,

Generation III Gun, Inc.

So I left my pride on stages 2,4, 5,and 7. And my Browning triangle camp chair on stage 5. I have given up on my pride as lost for good but would kinda like my chair back.

I told Fletcher to notify you. I have your chair and will bring it to the Fall Classic.

Craig