Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Benelli Generation III Gun Championship Presented By MGM Targets

Generation III Gun is very excited to announce the

2015 Benelli Generation III Gun Championship presented by MGM Targets

September 11th & 12th

The Beautiful Lake Of The Ozarks, Missouri

Huge thanks to Benelli and MGM Targets for their sponsorships. Their support is instrumental in keeping this organization and match alive and well. Please visit them and show them some support in return.

Http://www.benelliusa.com

Http://www.mgmtargets.com

The official match website is http://generation3gun.com/.

Huge thanks to Pierce Coleman from Recoil Marketing/American Trigger Corp for donating his time to make our website awesome!

Last years match was a huge success! We raised over $15,000 for the GIIIG organization. We would like to thank you the shooters for your participation in 2014 and the sponsors for their generous contributions to the championship and the organization. We will be giving out over 40 scholarships to assist junior shooters this year. If you have a junior shooter that needs assistance please fill out a scholarship application.

http://generation3gun.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GENERATION-III-GUN-Scholarship.pdf?069a04

Match Registration will be live Wednesday March 4th, 2015 at 9:30pm EST

Date: September 11-12th, 2015

Match Fee: $250

Divisions: Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons, Open

Stages: 8 Stages

Format: 1/2 day

Categories: Junior, Lady, Senior, Military, Law Enforcement, Range Officer

Prize Table: By Order of Finish

Match Hotel/Prize Table: Inn at Grand Glaize

Group Discount Code: 3GUN15

Staff/RO Shoot: September 5th & 6th, or 10th

Juniors shoot his match for free. You are considered a Junior if you are under the age of 18 on September 11th.

Please contact Chad Francis if you are interested in working the match. 3gunchad@gmail.com

Instructions for sign up are posted below and will be posted on both G3G Facebook pages. Please like, follow, and share our Facebook pages.

http://www.facebook.com/gen3gun

http://www.facebook.com/pages/generation-III-gun-championship/288603091343416

If your sponsor/company is interested in supporting this event, please contact us as soon as possible. Remember GIIIG is a 501©(3) non-profit so all sponsorship donations and match fees are tax deductible. Please contact Chad Francis: 3gunchad@gmail.com

Since this match is a fund raising event we only have 25 main match sponsor slots available. Additional sponsored shooters slots are available to shoot with the RO/Staff. So please get those sponsorship agreements in ASAP to reserve your slot.

We will be recognizing the following divisions based on participation at last years match.

TACTICAL OPTICS

TACTICAL IRONS

OPEN

If you are interested in shooting Heavy Optics or Heavy Irons please contact myself or Chad Francis and express your interest. If we get enough interest we will open those divisions as well.

Please post questions and concerns that can be addressed publically here or on our Facebook pages. If you are asking, others may be looking for the answer too.

FAQ on Registration...

How Do I Register?

Go to http://www.generation3gun.com. There will be a register button on the second page. This will take you directly to the sign-up page. As of this writing, there is a PRACTICE REGISTRATION Form for you to fill out. Fill in your information. Select an entry fee, shirt, etc. Print the page and mail it to me with your check for the appropriate amount.

Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation number and password via email. Keep the confirmation number and password to check on your registration status!

How Do I check on my registration status?

To check on your registration status, go to http://www.matchdirector.com. Click on the Competitor Tab. In the Black Band, select Already Registered. The system will prompt you for your password and confirmation number. The system will then take you to a page that outlines your Registration Details, Purchase Items, Squad Requests, Payments, and Order Complete. I will not be sending out individual emails to confirm I have received your payment.

How Do I Check My Scores During The Match?

During and after the match, you may view the scores by going to http://www.matchdirector.com Select Competitors Tab. Type in the Match Name (either full or part) and hit search. You will see the match name. Select the Match. On the right hand side of the page will be a box titled SCORES. You can either view Stage Scores or Match Scores. I will publish the scores so you can view them during the match.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the prize table screw up last year.

How do the shooters that got " " at the prize table last year and were told they would get free registration this year deal with that at registration.

Heavy anything would be nice, just NO 9mm!

As the winner of the combined Heavy division last year, (I used iron 308, pump 12, and single stack 45 against Heavy Scope shooters) I would endorse a combo division ie;

308 with a single sighting system

12 ga.

40 or 45 cal

If you use 308 with irons or 1x no mag restrictions, if scoped then 20+1

If you use a Pump 12 ga no starting or capacity restrictions, if auto 8+1 max capacity

If you use 45 pistol no mag restriction and a single C is neutralized, 40 restricted to 10+1 and normal 1 A or 2 anywhere

any combo is OK, ie; a shooter may use a iron rifle, auto 12 and 45. Or scoped rifle, pump 12, and 40. Or...whatever

this match would be a great place to try the combo idea... :)

jmho...

jj

And just for an added comment, there are a lot of new 308s out there, we need to get them in the game and not kill the division.

Edited by RiggerJJ

I was hoping to shoot Heavy Optics this year...I'm trying to learn to shoot a .308...but...

I kind of like JJ's idea...I know, I'm prejudiced, but I really was looking forward to trying this out...

It would only affect 10-20 people maybe...so the experiment wouldn't make any difference to the match!

Just my $.02!

Denise

I'll put an extra $100 in the GIIIG account out of my pocket if we get 11 Heavy shooters to register next week.

Sandra is going to add the divisions to the entry form. If we don't get 10 shooters four weeks prior to the match we will make concessions for those individuals to shoot another division.

I am putting on my calendar the dates of this match with intentions of shooting it, if I can get in.

I am threating myself to shoot heavy optics although I have not shot a match in that division as of yet. 80% of my decision will be based on pistol and shotgun requirements\limits for that division.

Is that known at this time or is it coming in time with other info?

Last year - Heavy Optics was .308 with a scope, any pistol, semi shotgun.

Heavy Iron - .308, .45, pump.

:-)

AS per website currently:

5.5 Heavy Metal Scope Division

5.5.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration. Internal modifications are permitted providing they do not alter the external appearance of the firearm.

5.5.2 Handgun holsters must be a practical/tactical carry style and must safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement. The holster materialmust completely cover the trigger on all semiautomatic pistols. Revolver holsters must completely cover the trigger and the cylinder. The belt upon which the handgun holster is attached must be worn at waist level. Shoulder holsters and cross draw holsters are prohibited.

5.5.3 Handgun

5.5.3.1 Electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are prohibited.

5.5.3.2 Magazines length may not exceed 170mm in the case of single column magazines, and may not exceed 140mm in the case of staggered column magazines.

5.5.4 Rifle

5.5.4.1 Not more than one (1) optical sight is permitted.

5.5.4.2 A supplemental magnifier may be used with the permitted optical sight provided the magnifier does not contain an aiming reticle, cannot be used as an aiming device by itself, and remains mounted in the same location on the rifle for the duration of the event. A participant may use the magnifier in either the magnified or unmagnified mode without restriction.

5.5.4.3 Supporting devices (bipods, etc.) are prohibited.

5.5.4.4 Compensators and muzzle brakes may not exceed 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches in length (as measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator).

5.5.4.5 Minimum caliber is .30”.

5.5.4.6 Minimum power factor (bullet weight x velocity/1000) is 360.

5.5.5 Shotgun 5.5.5.1 Only tubular magazines are permitted.

5.5.5.2 Electronic or optical sights are prohibited.

5.5.5.3 Supporting devices (bipods, etc.) are prohibited.

5.5.5.4 Barrel devices designed/intended to reduce recoil or muzzle movement (e.g. compensators, barrel porting) are prohibited.

5.5.5.5 Speed loading devices and/or detachable box magazines are prohibited.

5.5.5.6 Not more than nine (9) rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage, unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing.

5.5.5.7 Minimum bore size is 12 gauge.

5.6 Heavy Metal Limited division

5.6.1 Firearms must be of a factory configuration. Internal modifications are permitted providing they do not alter the external appearance of the firearm.

5.6.2 Handgun holsters must be a practical/tactical carry style and must safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement. The holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semiautomatic pistols. Revolver holsters must completely cover the trigger and the cylinder. The belt upon which the handgun holster is attached must be worn at waist level. Shoulder holsters and cross draw holsters are prohibited.

5.6.3 Handgun

5.6.3.1 Electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are not permitted.

5.6.3.2 Magazines length may not exceed 170mm in the case of single column magazines, and may not exceed 140mm in the case of staggered column magazines. Magazines may be loaded with not more than ten (10) rounds.

5.6.3.3 Minimum caliber is .44”.

5.6.3.4 Minimum power factor (bullet weight x velocity/1000) is 165.

5.6.4 Rifle

5.6.4.1 Not more than one (1) non-magnified electronic or optical sight is permitted. Electronic or optical sights originally designed to be capable of any magnification (whether used or not) are prohibited.

5.6.4.2 Supporting devices (bipods, etc.) are prohibited.

5.6.4.3 Compensators and muzzle brakes may not exceed 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches in length (as measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator).

5.6.4.4 Magazines may be loaded with not more than twenty (20) rounds.

5.6.4.5 Minimum caliber is .30”.

Remember, GOOD chocolate, wine and of course, Vodka works well to keep Stats happy- Just Sayin' :devil: All kidding aside, I am tickled to be part of this match again this year. We are always looking for ways to improve this sport we love so much and I can't think of a better way than to "give back." See you in the Ozarks! :cheers:

Did I read that right,

there is a course of fire with Vodka & Wine?

I can see this being the match is in the Ozarks.

That stage is at the match hotel.........I'm calling and inviting all the KU fraternities and sororities to make sure it's as fun as last year!

Did I read that right,

there is a course of fire with Vodka & Wine?

I can see this being the match is in the Ozarks.

That stage is at the match hotel.........I'm calling and inviting all the KU fraternities and sororities to make sure it's as fun as last year!

WHOOOooooo!!!!!

How do the shooters that got " " at the prize table last year and were told they would get free registration this year deal with that at registration.

Please email Chad. He has the list of competitors.

When you register write on the application that you were one of the shooters who received a free slot to this years match. We will check it against the list and get you squared away.

Thanks Guys, wasn't worried about it one bit. Just needed to know how.

Will there be opportunities to donate directly to the match if you won a free entry into it last year? With Gen III Gun's intent to raise funds for the next generations shooters it would be nice to have another avenue to give support for junior shooters and bump up the amount you have available for scholarships.

I know the highlight for me last year at the match was watching the winners of the raffle guns giving them to junior competitors, I didn't think the standing ovation would end!

Will there be opportunities to donate directly to the match if you won a free entry into it last year? With Gen III Gun's intent to raise funds for the next generations shooters it would be nice to have another avenue to give support for junior shooters and bump up the amount you have available for scholarships.

I know the highlight for me last year at the match was watching the winners of the raffle guns giving them to junior competitors, I didn't think the standing ovation would end!

You can donate to the organization at anytime. Tarheel 3-gun pledged $10 of ever entry fee from their championship to go to the GIIIG org. It is all a charitable contribution in the eyes of the tax man too. Jeff Welsh is the organizations money man. He can help you out.