New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

Just arrived from Atlas Gunworks

25011989450_d01e501b0d_h.jpg

Stock or Atlas Tuned?

Very nice selection.

Enjoy.

Myron

Atlas tuned and trigger. Very happy with the result. 10 pull average was 1lb 13oz with the EGW lightened hammer and sear.

Very impressive.

Looking forward to hearing about your range time.

Your Gauge is broken, it left here at 1lb 15oz avg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to email sti today if they could fix my dvc limited on the issues on the ambi safety,it is not blended on the frame and beavertail that causes me much pain and cuts the web of my hand, Ive' seen one last weekend on a match and his dvc safety to the frame was really smooth.

do you have any pics of it to show where it isn't blended well?

12787166_10207913137682865_778861404_o.j

I had the same issue when I first got my DVC Limited. It was so bad that after only a few hundred rounds I could hardly shoot the gun. Fortunately I am close to STI so when i contacted them about the problem I was told to just come by. I was able to show them my hand and how/where the edges where digging in to me. I was told to leave it and they could fix it, and fix it they did! I have put hundreds of round through it since I got it back with out and issue. It is an absolute pleasure to shoot now. They should just build them this way.

IMG_3711_zpsfimpsbqx.jpg

IMG_3714_zpspbypf0zg.jpg

IMG_3713_zpsly6qe80j.jpg

IMG_3712_zpsxbbnk09r.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I know they are chromed. I was told my entire lower was refinished

sent mine last monday and it was delivered to STI yesterday, hopefully will get it done soon.

good news, STI did fixed the issue, turned around time was 3weeks. thanks STI

sent mine last monday and it was delivered to STI yesterday, hopefully will get it done soon.

I also had similar issues with the DVC I received. It appeared as if the gun was started to be built on a Friday and they forgot where they left off on Monday. The whole left side of the gun in the area of the thumb and grip safeties looked like they threw the parts on and called it a day, no fitting seemed to be done. Very disappointing for a pretty expensive firearm. I was thankful others who had similar problems before my gun showed up, posted the info so I knew what I was feeling when things didn't feel right. Thanks

I also had similar issues with the DVC I received. It appeared as if the gun was started to be built on a Friday and they forgot where they left off on Monday. The whole left side of the gun in the area of the thumb and grip safeties looked like they threw the parts on and called it a day, no fitting seemed to be done. Very disappointing for a pretty expensive firearm. I was thankful others who had similar problems before my gun showed up, posted the info so I knew what I was feeling when things didn't feel right. Thanks

That sucks. When did you get the gun? Was this a recent one? Really surprising to see so many be dissatisfied with the DVC opens.

I have an STI lawman built a couple years ago and it is awesome. Clearly the high demand caused some QC problems, did that same issue creep into the other models?

Have they resolved it on new deliveries?

Not in the market for one but am curious what is going on.

This issue is not unique to the Gun Universe. This same issue applies to just about any business producing physical products. When the demand is higher than the current production capacity and production processes are changed to attempt to meet the higher demand, quality control is usually one of the first things to slip through the cracks.

Edited by CHA-LEE

This issue is not unique to the Gun Universe. This same issue applies to just about any business producing physical products. When the demand is higher than the current production capacity and production processes are changed to attempt to meet the higher demand, quality control is usually one of the first things to slip through the cracks.

Isn't this the truth. Everyone was screaming for the DVC's well I guess they must have gotten them, base on that now all I read are the quality issues. Of course all you need to do is send them back and STI will repair or really finish what they started. QC is always the 1st thing to go when we rush, same with shooting, I can vouch for that one. Lol

Edited by a matt

I think the reason that all you read about is warranty stuff is because there is a silent majority that has them and like them. They are too busy shooting them. Mine just runs. And while we wait for them to come back from the good folks at STI we have nothing to do but sit on our hands and talk about waiting for them online. Mine is currently back at STI because the grip safety did not work. The gun was otherwise perfect. I did not want to take a stab at fixing it myself simply because it's the most expensive gun I have to date, and I did not want to void my warranty by doing some shade-tree smithin'

Edited by TheSandMan491

My limited 357 sig arrived after a VERY long wait. Well worth it and very happy with purchase . Ran flawlessly for first 350 rounds and then I tried some different reloads that caused problems . Back to originals!

Mine has ran great so far, although this is my first 2011 so my eye for fit and finish may not be the best. I plan on handing it off to some fellas that have been around them longer when we start our practices up next week. Coming from an M&P, I was really happy with the purchase; but after reading so many complaints I often have wondered if I should have went with the CK Arm Thunder limited instead.

Mine has ran great so far, although this is my first 2011 so my eye for fit and finish may not be the best. I plan on handing it off to some fellas that have been around them longer when we start our practices up next week. Coming from an M&P, I was really happy with the purchase; but after reading so many complaints I often have wondered if I should have went with the CK Arm Thunder limited instead.

All guns have there problems. Humans are building them, so there are going to be mistakes

All guns have there problems. Humans are building them, so there are going to be mistakes

An occasional mistake is one thing. Doing poor quality work as a routine business practice and a lack of standard QA procedures is a different story.

The DVC limited guns have had some bumps along the way, but most are 95% good guns. Keep in mind these are not custom guns made by master gunsmiths. We have sold many DVC limited guns and most leave here with our tune, that will also correct any factory problems. Not one has come back.

We have a couple 9mm guns at the old price if anyone needs one before the price jump goes into effect.

The DVC limited guns have had some bumps along the way, but most are 95% good guns. Keep in mind these are not custom guns made by master gunsmiths. We have sold many DVC limited guns and most leave here with our tune, that will also correct any factory problems. Not one has come back.

We have a couple 9mm guns at the old price if anyone needs one before the price jump goes into effect.

While that is true and they are certainly not priced up there with SVI and Wilson they are a lot more expensive than the average production gun. I would expect considerable care in the fit and assembly for the price and it seem disappointing that a number have slipped thru the cracks.

Luckily I wasn't one of them and I'm very happy with my Ltd!