Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully its soon :). I have no idea my place "in line". Down for a .40S&W Limited at Brazos as of 2/17/2015. The wait is killing me. I've got the money waiting to pay set aside in a special account and the little devil on my shoulder is whispering "You know you could buy an Edge had have it by the end of the week . . . . " :).

Edited by MGMorden

Hopefully its soon :). I have no idea my place "in line". Down for a .40S&W Limited at Brazos as of 2/17/2015. The wait is killing me. I've got the money waiting to pay set aside in a special account and the little devil on my shoulder is whispering "You know you could buy an Edge had have it by the end of the week . . . . " :).

Yes buy an edge you won't be disappointed and I would be one closer to getting my pistol.

Just got my DVC Limited 40 in today. This was ordered the week after Shot Show. I immediately noticed how much lighter it is over my Edge 40. Fit and finish is outstanding, trigger is nice and light but not very crisp. You can definitely feel the different DVC trigger parts over what's in my Edge. I put about 75 rounds through it and immediately felt the difference in reduced recoil and the flatter shooting slide with my major PF rounds. When this pistol gets broken in its really gonna be fast! I have a video but am having a problem getting it posted though it is just like the factory test fire video... Nice and flat. If you're getting one you're gonna love it !

post-27844-0-78835100-1429588626_thumb.j

Edited by The Blade

I put an SV trigger bow in my Edge a while back and love it and will probably attempt again in the DVC after break in. It got rid of the wiggle and took out some of the slack. But first to break it in tonight and the weekend at local matches.

I came back from my first match this weekend and immediately "tuned" the grip safety to engage with very little pressure.

I might also replace the trigger with an SV, but not until it breaks in.

I did experience some FTF problems with factory length ammo, but it was like 1 in 100. Most of the problems I had at this first match were either magazines nose-diving with new Grams guts and Dawson SNL base pads, and my unfamiliarity with the gun.

I am still very happy with it and very excited to use it all year. Just need to spend some quality time getting use to the gun and platform...It's the Indian, not the bow..

I would want to ask how many of us DVC owners are planning on putting in a Dawson "Posi-Lock" magazine release/catch? I have heard horror stories about not having one and over-inserting the magazine during slide-lock, but I am not sure how big a deal it really is.

Thanks for sharing, this forum teaches me the answers to questions I never thought to ask, but also makes me ask questions I cannot always find the answer to.

Edited by BroncoShooter

Just spoke to Dawson and I was told that they have only received one limited DVC and that they are not expecting more for another month...not sure how entirely true that is as I am assuming that they don't really know when they will receive shipment but thought I might as well pass that information along.

Just spoke to Dawson and I was told that they have only received one limited DVC and that they are not expecting more for another month...not sure how entirely true that is as I am assuming that they don't really know when they will receive shipment but thought I might as well pass that information along.

I got a limited 9mm and someone else got a Limited 40. That's all I have heard from the members on this forum?

Holy macarel...I guess those pictures tell the real story, can only hope one of those limited guns is mine. thanks Dustin!

Those are all open guns. We have the same setup running today for limited guns. We run both everyday. These are not the guns that were waiting on barrels. There will be a lot of DVC'S being shipped over the next few months. We are doing the best we can with the small work force we have. Thanks for being patient.

Dustin

That is 14 each day of both by my count!!!! :surprise: Now if the barrels and comps get coated we would be fine. Ship em!!!!

Not sure I like the comment of the next few months. Reminds me of waiting. LOL

Thanks again for the info today Dustin on the Tactical.

I came back from my first match this weekend and immediately "tuned" the grip safety to engage with very little pressure.

I did experience some FTF problems with factory length ammo, but it was like 1 in 100. Most of the problems I had at this first match were either magazines nose-diving with new Grams guts and Dawson SNL base pads, and my unfamiliarity with the gun.

I am still very happy with it and very excited to use it all year. Just need to spend some quality time getting use to the gun and platform...It's the Indian, not the bow..

I would want to ask how many of us DVC owners are planning on putting in a Dawson "Posi-Lock" magazine release/catch? I have heard horror stories about not having one and over-inserting the magazine during slide-lock, but I am not sure how big a deal it really is.

Thanks for sharing, this forum teaches me the answers to questions I never thought to ask, but also makes me ask questions I cannot always find the answer to.

which SV trigger do you recommend? I am new to the 2011 game.

Short flat

Short flat

sweet! I am going to look for one and drop it in after break in.