Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Chamiopship - Official

As long as the beer is still cold, I will donate my services to pull Amateur prizes for those who don't want to stay and enjoy the festivities.

I cannot guarantee, however, the accuracy or timeliness of my prize pulling abilities.

And your gun might get left behind...

Well, there's that too...

But I think only about 6 of us know that story....

Ha ha!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's start hearing some feedback for those of us who couldn't make it.

On the Pro side the Stages seem smaller then last year. But we just watched 75%+ of the squad ahead of us and several of the newer shooters on out squad time out at 100 seconds on stage 3. The pistol steel is too far/small and the rifle positions from the car are very unforgiving.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

AM is going well...right up to the roadblock that is AM stage 2. My squad was scheduled to start at 1230. It is 1330 now and the squad ahead of us just started, and has run 2 shooters...

Ah well, I have some shade, a verizon hotspot and there is a food truck here.... :devil:

Just about the same time as I was posting this (yesterday) Gary himself came to AM2 and started assisting the ROs to get us slow shooters back on track. He was good at it too, because when we started we were over two hours (squads) behind, and by the time we got done we were just a bit more than one hour behind.

I am intentionally editing this to point out that what sometimes can start off sounding negative actually works out to be quite a positive. It's very good to see a match director rollin get his hands dirty and fix a problem once it's been identified. That's professionalism , kudos

Edited by barrysuperhawk

Hey shooters,

Thanks for signing up for my class. Unfortunately I need to cancel. I forget that I have a very significant other that sits at the hotel all day patiently and waits for me to finish for the day. If you have any shooting questions im always more then happy to answer then anytime.

I guarantee we will be hanging around the parking lot tonight trying to find the bottom of a cold beverage.

This was the most fun stage thus far IMHO. Still not a fan of the optional targets because our entire squad shot it just like this and left their pistol holstered to save the time of a gun transition. Personally I'd rather shoot all 3-guns.

Here's stage 3. Looking at the scores thus far it looks like about 47/80 shooters timed out at 100 and 60/80 shooters had at least one 10 second penalty. Shooting outside the car while keeping your feet in the car and the small/far pistol steel was difficult as you can see here.

I didn't think he was trying to be funny...

Intentions rarely have influence upon my laughter. ;-)

I'm out of KC and have been prepping for the ride home through Ferguson......I shot out of the car pretty well by holding my junk and shooting my rifle sideways while yelling.

I struggle mightily with being described as "accurate". I am often very successful with the "funny" description myself...like the 3gun match last weekend when I picked up my empty rifle on the clock and began trying to stuff my coupled mag into the magwell with ZERO success...you can almost see the lightbulb flash on as it dawns on me that my coupled 20's(coupled with the Arredondo device) will NOT seat with the Arredondo magwell installed...

Everyone got a pretty good laugh and even video of it...

I didn't think he was trying to be funny...

Intentions rarely have influence upon my laughter. ;-)

I'm out of KC and have been prepping for the ride home through Ferguson......I shot out of the car pretty well by holding my junk and shooting my rifle sideways while yelling.

What, exactly, does the "junk holding" accomplish? Better accuracy? Balance? A sense of security?