Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glocks for 2015

Bouboy02

Am I the only one that is amused the Glock 40 is not a 40?

Actually, when I noticed the gap in sequence, I predicted that the Model 40 would be a .22 LR. Folks say that the G-22 is a 40. Having the 40 be a .22 would not be above the sense of humor of the Austrians.

That would make my life miserable. I work in a LGS and have had several people ask for a Glock in 40. When I say this is a Glock 22 they shout, NOT A 22, I WANT A 40!! I had a guy storm out of the store due to that.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that is amused the Glock 40 is not a 40?

Actually, when I noticed the gap in sequence, I predicted that the Model 40 would be a .22 LR. Folks say that the G-22 is a 40. Having the 40 be a .22 would not be above the sense of humor of the Austrians.

That would make my life miserable. I work in a LGS and have had several people ask for a Glock in 40. When I say this is a Glock 22 they shout, NOT A 22, I WANT A 40!! I had a guy storm out of the store due to that.

The level of stupid I hear at a gun shop always amazes me. For some reason, it seems to revolve around mostly the "fourtee" crowd. They need them 40 clips.

But in all seriousness, I respect gun shop employee's patience.

Probably a good idea, that guy doesn't own a firearm.

You shouls ask if they want a full size, compact or sub compact and explain "this is a .40 caliber Glock in ****** size which is called a G**".

Why make life more difficult?

^^^^^ Because, in retail, it is sometimes fun to mess with the ignunt (a southern word).

Just kidding. We gun people have our own lexicon, just like any other profession (ever try to talk to a cop?). We oftentimes forget that to outsiders it makes no sense and don't accommodate them.

I used to work in a shop that had a sizable contingent of "lesser-educated" people who'd stroll in and ask for ammo "fo dey Glock". I'd ask "What caliber?" and they'd reply, "You know, a Glock!". I'd have to get them to bring the gun in, because it could be any of them....

An optic ready G41 would jump up quite a few spots on my "Gun Wants" list if they are to be released. My only concern from the released photos is Glock's apparent oversight to not include suppressor sights to allow for co-witnessing with the optic. It isn't a deal breaker however, because how many people actually keep the factory Glock sights? But, it still makes me wonder.

I'd be willing to bet that the moment these become available someone will have some aftermarket sights that perform that function.

Certainly. There are already a number of companies that sell "suppressor" sights to allow for a front site post that is taller than a suppressor on the front end. Many people already running slide mounted red dots run such sights since they are taller and allow a co-witness. I just thought Glock would think to include those from the factory on a gun meant to mount an optic to, I believe the M&P Cores have that from the factory. But like I said, not a deal breaker, because the factory sights never last long on my Glocks!

An optic ready G41 would jump up quite a few spots on my "Gun Wants" list if they are to be released. My only concern from the released photos is Glock's apparent oversight to not include suppressor sights to allow for co-witnessing with the optic. It isn't a deal breaker however, because how many people actually keep the factory Glock sights? But, it still makes me wonder.

I'd be willing to bet that the moment these become available someone will have some aftermarket sights that perform that function.

Certainly. There are already a number of companies that sell "suppressor" sights to allow for a front site post that is taller than a suppressor on the front end. Many people already running slide mounted red dots run such sights since they are taller and allow a co-witness. I just thought Glock would think to include those from the factory on a gun meant to mount an optic to, I believe the M&P Cores have that from the factory. But like I said, not a deal breaker, because the factory sights never last long on my Glocks!

I just picked up a factory threaded G17 and it has taller sights. Not that cheap plastic but decently built metal ones. Maybe they might throw those on it.

I just picked up a factory threaded G17 and it has taller sights. Not that cheap plastic but decently built metal ones. Maybe they might throw those on it.

Well, here's to hoping! I would love to see some pictures of that factory threaded G17!

You shouls ask if they want a full size, compact or sub compact and explain "this is a .40 caliber Glock in ****** size which is called a G**".

Why make life more difficult?

I wish it was that easy. Once the number 22 comes out, it's a 22 long rifle pistol. There is a fair number of people who have no concept of full size, compact, sub-compact. I'm not talking about new shooters either. My week went like this.

Do you have a Sig 9mm?

What model do you have in mind?

The 9mm!

Ok, this is the full size 226 and this is the smaller 229 . . .

I just want to see the 9mm!

These are both chambered in 9mm, if you want composite I can show you . . .

Just their regular 9mm, nothing else . . .

That comedy routine goes on for eight hours.

Ugh, right when I think I get what I want out of my G35.

Oh, and you only have to be in a gun store for just about 5 minutes before you hear a silly question. If people didn't have to act like they knew everything all the time... *sigh*

Glock always seems behind the curve with new products. Is there a real strong demand for a long slide 10mm? I don't see the demand.

I would say 10mm has a very strong cult following and the people that like 10mm tend to want longer barrels

People shooting Limited that have or are looking for a 24 might be interested.. the extra long slide combined with more space in the mag - combine this with a .40 conversion barrel (to allow for longer .40 loads) and this would be a nice Limited Glock.

Glock always seems behind the curve with new products. Is there a real strong demand for a long slide 10mm? I don't see the demand.

I would say 10mm has a very strong cult following and the people that like 10mm tend to want longer barrels

People shooting Limited that have or are looking for a 24 might be interested.. the extra long slide combined with more space in the mag - combine this with a .40 conversion barrel (to allow for longer .40 loads) and this would be a nice Limited Glock.

True, I've just never liked the idea of Glock conversion barrels, just seems like an accident waiting to happen (probably in the middle of a stage). But I see your point about being able to load longer.

A possible negative however may be the slide. The current trend of lightended slides has significant merrit in the competitive shooting world - lighter slide = less percieved recoil. But if the 40 will be anything like the 41, it won't have the coffin cut in the top of the slide like the 34 & 35. This isn't a deal breaker however, just something to consider.

The 41 has internal cuts (and is of course slimmer) so it is lighter than the 21 slide even though it is longer

Yes, I understand that. I was comparing its weight to the 34&35 or 24. The 40, which looks longer than the 41 in the released photos may not have the coffin cut like the 24 has, so it won't be as light as the 24, which is a consideration to someone thinking about getting a 40 and converting it to shoot 40S&W for Limited.

zqb5zOr.jpg

So, I'll take this as an official announcement! This is straight from Glock's Instagram account, and I count at least 7 Glocks with red dots mounted to the slides. And the one laying on top certainly looks longer than a 34 or 35.

So ready for Shot Show!

Edited by bulldog009

What it means my FOS forum member is the Gen 4 Glocks neither fit my hand nor do I like the texture of the grip frame. Simple as that.

I tried, really tried, to like the G41. Everything I wanted in a new 45, except it didn't fit my hands. So, I went and found a gen3 G21SF and built it the way I wanted. If they ever release a gen3 G41 I swear I will have the first one that hits my local gun shop. I tell people all the time, just because it's new does not mean it is actually better.

I understand the desire for a slide mounted optic I just don't understand why it would be on a long slide model? the big thing on as long slide is the increase in sight radius, but with a red dot that is a mute point.

That was my big question. Why the G34/35? I understand the "G40" because it's being called a hunter model. Longer barrel = more velocity. But a G17/22 would have logically made more sense to me as optics ready guns for competition/duty, and the G19/23 the more logical choice for carry.

I understand the desire for a slide mounted optic I just don't understand why it would be on a long slide model? the big thing on as long slide is the increase in sight radius, but with a red dot that is a mute point.

That was my big question. Why the G34/35? I understand the "G40" because it's being called a hunter model. Longer barrel = more velocity. But a G17/22 would have logically made more sense to me as optics ready guns for competition/duty, and the G19/23 the more logical choice for carry.

I have been wondering that point as well. The optic ready M&P Cores are offered in the standard and long versions. I see a greater need in the defensive length Glocks - the 17/22 or 19/23, but I see the use of the 34/35 as well. It will make a great 3 Gun Open pistol for someone who doesn't want to pay for a high end open gun; just add a red dot and a ported barrel and you are good to go. Maybe the shorter length options will follow in the future.

But, if you go back to the picture I posted this morning, you can clearly see the different grip lengths of the pistols in the case, especially on the bottom row. You could make an argument that the three pistols with RDSs on the top row look to have shorter grips IMO... So maybe there are more to be announced?

Edited by bulldog009

I'm willing to bet that this option will be available on more models than we have seen so far

8Ik1PS9.jpg

And looking back at the photo, I see more than I first did, it almost looks like this whole case is RDS ready pistols, which if true, could mean smaller framed options...

And if that's true, its going to be even harder not to put down the money for a new gun(s).

Edited by bulldog009