Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation rule changes.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got confused by the sheer number of bold and underlined words in the first two pages and didn't finish reading them.

I know!!! What's that about?? And I don't understand the difference between "grounding" and "Abandoning", you can't pick your gun up again after one, but you can after the other...at least I think that's what it said! :surprise:

Is it me or are the accuracy based penalties a bit too light? +2.5 for failure to neutralize? I'm also really not loving the current trend towards "kindness" on abandoned/dumped weapon and safeties. Its either safe do dump a gun somewhere strange or with the safety off in which case what are we penalizing or it isn't in which case we should be DQ'ing people.

Edited by Vlad

I woke up with this in my inbox as well. I'm not a fan of all the divisions being redone. I can understand adding a few but do you have to abandon the names everyone has come to understand

I don't know about regional, but pro series rules have always been +2.5 for FTN.

Have they? I guess I see more +5's in other rule sets around my area.

At least last year. I ROd all the pro series matches in 2014 and that is for sure how it went. 2.5 for FTN, 5 for missed target, 7.5 for FTE.

At least last year. I ROd all the pro series matches in 2014 and that is for sure how it went. 2.5 for FTN, 5 for missed target, 7.5 for FTE.

My bad then, it just seems odd to me to use fractional seconds, might just well go all out and use multiples of pi :)

2.5 is for paper. Clay or steel is a 5 second penalty, unless it's beyond 40 or 100 yds.

I think the stock division is a good idea to get folks into the sport, but I think it replacing Limited / Tac Irons sucks.

Heavy is muddled beyond recognition.

I woke up with this in my inbox as well. I'm not a fan of all the divisions being redone. I can understand adding a few but do you have to abandon the names everyone has come to understand

I'm also puzzled to see a number of rules sets, not just 3gn, make various statements about factory configurations ... err .. okie, but really who's 3gun rifle/shotgun/pistol is in "factory configuration"? WTH does that even mean anymore?

I have to wonder if the name changes for the divisions is because the name "tactical" is scary to some. Kinda like paper targets w heads are scary. Of course, to those same people, real guns are kinda scary, so maybe there should also be an Airsoft division. Perhaps next year.

Looks like Factory is the replacement for Irons div. Big changes if no extended sight radius front sights allowed, or add on FF HGs. I have shot irons for a while and I don't think I have any rifles that meet this factory division's requirements. (and I have quite a few)

Edited by Lead-Head

I just reread the rules for factory and I think your rifles are good to go Brian. Did you notice you can offset irons and a dot. So in effect you could use irons the way you have been plus an offset mini dot for close up stuff.

Gosh, all those hogged out loading ports, dovetailed rear sights in ribs, and welded lifters folks are running are gonna be disappointed to find themselves in Unlimited Division............don't these modifications alter the factory configuration of the Shotgun?? If not, what does "not alter factory configuration" mean?

If I am reading this right, a shotgun in the factory division can't have a tube that holds more than 8 rounds. Is that the way you read it ?

7.3.4.9 Shotgun in Factory Division SHALL NOT hold more than eight (8) shells in the magazine total or start a stage with more than nine (9) shells total in the shotgun. (Rule 3.7)

Did the magazine length for pistol in Factory (Tac Irons) change? It states 127.25mm.

Indeed, I think it does, but luckily, according to 7.3.1.4 it says it needs to be less than 127.25 OR factory length. I think that means it can be longer than 127.25 as long as you don't add extended base pads and it comes from the factory that way! :ph34r:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Did the magazine length for pistol in Factory (Tac Irons) change? It states 127.25mm.

Indeed, I think it does, but luckily, according to 7.3.1.4 it says it needs to be less than 127.25 OR factory length. I think that means it can be longer than 127.25 as long as you don't add extended base pads and it comes from the factory that way! :ph34r:
So what is "the factory" or factory configurations? Many shooters run custom shop guns like 2011s and the like. I don't see anything that says that a $4,000 SVI couldn't be considered a factory gun.

Also, many shooters run magwells which I am pretty sure are not factory configuration. Are these legal or illegal?

What about non factory stippling or other grip modifications?

I echo what Vlad said about the rifles too. Very few would be in Factory configuration. How should an adjustable gas block be viewed since that is a feature found on very few factory guns?

I in practice I am guessing 90% of these rules will be overlooked and they will only care about a select few but there are holes in this rulebook big enough to drive a truck through.

P.S. Factory pistol should have been limited to striker and DA/SA guns in my opinion. Maybe no slide lightening and other race mods too but it's not likely to happen.

Edited by alma