Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation rule changes.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Either I haven't been paying attention or I'm not cool enough to squad with any of the PCC users. :(

I thought 9mm rifle wouldn't make PF, but then I found the rule that says power factor doesn't apply to time plus scoring, which is something I could complain about for days.

150 pf out of a 9mm carbine is easily achieved. Depending on your load/powder, your 125-130 pf minor pistol load might actually make 150 in your 16" 9mm AR. (not that it matters, since not even USPSA cares about pf for 3-gun anymore)

Edited by gose

So my Hiperfire 24c is illegal , but my Gieselle is legal in factory? I am not a fan of downloading mags, but I like your interpretation the best Mr. Jadeslade. Straight forward no interpretation needed.

why would your Hiperfire be illegal? I don't think you are all getting correct information.
Was not trying to be a smartass. My question is the 24c is flat with plastic shoe on it. Not factory. My Geiselle looks like a stock AR trigger. I am serious, I like your suggestions for the equipment rules. I have a 6" sight tracker in a 5" edge that I love that I shot limited with all last year. I am not sure it will be legal for Tarheel now. I don't want to drive 11 hours to be bumped to open. I will probably email Mr. Charles a pic before the match to figure it out.

The Adams Arms COR rifle which is a factory rifle come standard with the Hiperfire 24C.

http://www.adamsarms.net/16-cor-ultra-lite-rifle

There are a couple of other rifles that come with it stock now. The way "factory configuration" was explained to me was that it couldn't be some one off specialty rifle. Hell, look at JP rifles and such. You can get damn near any mod you want in factory rifle. If you watch the video posted on pg3, you'll see that the rifle rules really haven't changed, but the capacity limits have. Other than the fact that you can't use mags longer than a certain length, nothing really changed other than the name. (when it comes to the rifle) Now the shotgun capacity has changed. Factory limits your tube to 8 rounds. If it's longer you have to install a plug.

Here a repost of the video from pg 3 explaining Factory Div:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJkxE6C_Eg&sns=fb

The revised official new rules have been posted on the 3GN website. They made unlimited really unlimited by removing the pistol mag limits. They changed the factory configuration wording so it makes more sense and the pistol limits in factory division are 15 in the mag.

It looks like the discusion time is over. Good for 3GN for listening to the opinions of the shooters. I am curious to see how these rules play out.

It will be interesting to see if other companies come out with longer magazines now. If not it's gonna give the Unlimted Glock shooters a bit of an advantage with the 33 round mags for them.

Edited by Tuflehundon

It looks like the discusion time is over. Good for 3GN for listening to the opinions of the shooters. I am curious to see how these rules play out.

It will be interesting to see if other companies come out with longer magazines now. If not it's gonna give the Unlimted Glock shooters a bit of an advantage with the 33 round mags for them.

Unless I heard wrong, IPSC Production Division started with a your gun's capacity is a trait of it mentality. So you'd see the 14-17ish round counts.

Apparently there was a capacity race and it stopped with Sig offering a 21 round magazine.

If you don't shoot 3GN Matches, why do you care?

Actually, I don't shoot 3GN matches, but I expect that when clubs that do shoot 3GN Club/Regional matches offer major matches (whether they are called 3GN regionals or not) they are going to default to 3GN club rules. So, I expect these rules are going to follow me whether I want them to or not…

The problem with saying things like "factory configuration" [...] is that these phrases are already commonly in use, known by all, and well defined by existing action shooting sports.

Yeah, but I don't think 3GN is collecting production metrics from manufacturers to create an approved factory list. I would actually have to say I do not personally know one 3-Gunner who shoots a factory condition rifle, and I know very darn few who even shoot an upper/lower/barrel that shipped together from a manufacturer, either.

Actually, I don't shoot 3GN matches, but I expect that when clubs that do shoot 3GN Club/Regional matches offer major matches (whether they are called 3GN regionals or not) they are going to default to 3GN club rules. So, I expect these rules are going to follow me whether I want them to or not…

I know everyone rags on USPSA, but their new 3gun rules are pretty darn good. Convince your club to use them :)

The problem with saying things like "factory configuration" [...] is that these phrases are already commonly in use, known by all, and well defined by existing action shooting sports.

Yeah, but I don't think 3GN is collecting production metrics from manufacturers to create an approved factory list. I would actually have to say I do not personally know one 3-Gunner who shoots a factory condition rifle, and I know very darn few who even shoot an upper/lower/barrel that shipped together from a manufacturer, either.

The factory configuration means no one off firearms. Has to be a commercially available gun. With companies having custom gunsmiths at the factory (Smith & Wesson, etc), what isn't a factory configuration.

15 in a factory mag. So u would be downloading most mags below actual factory capacity... to start I suppose.

Huh.

Yep you'll have to download most 9mm guns with several exceptions, but on the other hand most 40sw pistols will be able to hold 15 without mag extensions, that may have been a consideration as there are a few of those on the market.

33 - 33 ? ?

HA

I got a 55 round drum for mine

Well it originally was for my 9mm AR carbine uhh , I mean pistol :ph34r:

My CZ 170mm mags take 29 with a thin base pad. I'll probably get another 2-3 rounds into them if I use the CZC large basepad.

Of course, the Glock shooters could put a +5 base pad on their mags and get to 36, or use a drum.

For 3-gun, I think youve pretty much reached the point of diminishing returns when you hit 30-32.

I doubt that removing the limit is going to change anything, it just seemed like a silly historical restriction, so kudos to 3GN for listening :)

33 - 33 ? ?

HA

Just put a Glock feed tower on that Beta mag.. you know you want to! :P

My CZ 170mm mags take 29 with a thin base pad. I'll probably get another 2-3 rounds into them if I use the CZC large basepad.

Of course, the Glock shooters could put a +5 base pad on their mags and get to 36, or use a drum.

For 3-gun, I think youve pretty much reached the point of diminishing returns when you hit 30-32.

I doubt that removing the limit is going to change anything, it just seemed like a silly historical restriction, so kudos to 3GN for listening :)

I'm sure it won't be long before someone makes a longer basepad for the STI's, CZ's, M&P's, etc.

33 - 33 ? ?

HA

Just put a Glock feed tower on that Beta mag.. you know you want to! :P

Would that count as a bipod? for long range pistol shots of course.

I've got 28 in my primary mag, I don't think I've done more than 2-3 pistol reloads all of last year.

Are there any rules or direction given for stage design? Just curious if stage design will favor practical or factory magazine or shotgun tube capacity? Just thinking if you have higher round counts then you force a pistol mag. Change which requires an extra pistol mag and pouch and same for shotgun which may mean extra shell caddy. So, not sure if there is any savings if you have buy an extra mag and mag pouch + maybe an extra she'll caddy vs 1 extended basepad and same cost for shotgun tube whether it is a 8 or 10 round tube. Much of the need will be stage design. So if stage design never forced a mag change and shotgun stages were in 9 round stages then there is no need to have the extra rounds in the pistol or shotgun. Just sayin cost could be controlled by stage design rules to certain degree???

Mike