Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation rule changes.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just kinda curious...how many of our thread contributors are signed up for any of the regional matches?

I was looking at trying some of the matches because I've only shot longer outlaw style matches so far. The combination of super short drag stages, the factory rule changes from what I normally shoot, and long travel to the nearest kinda kills my interest.

I'm not even sure if you could consider that a loophole Mark. It specifically says in the rule there is no maximum ammo capacity. It also doesn't include a design stipulation that says only double column mags, or no drums, or quad stack mags. As near as I can tell it lists a length restriction to no longer than a standard 30 round mag and that is it. If it's an accidental loophole its a remarkably large one. And one they could have fixed by putting the rules out to members for comment before saying they were in effect. Simply putting the rules out to members for 30 days and asking for input will fix the vast majority of nutty rules like this one. I hate to keep harping on it, but it's a comment that has been made time and again about 3GN. It was a comment made about USPSA Multigun. We finally figured it out and listened and ended up with a rule book that even Kurt Miller doesn't hate. Why try to reinvent the wheel? Take input from people with experience and get it right the first time.

Big assumption you got it right the first time. Make hay out of standard "length of standard 30 round mag". Seems pretty straight forward to me. Putting rules out to members and expecting a response. Hahahahaha. That's like a USPSA election. If you got a supercalifragilistic magazine that fit's the length, go for it. You can just point to the rule book and say here it is. But I bet you don't have a mag like that. So it's theoretical and hypothetical. Not germane. You really think that there are no people with experience running 3GN? Like USPSA is even running anything 3 Gun. Mark's match and Shannons's match and USPSA Nationals run by Pete Rensing are it. Amazing you think that USPSA has more experience. If it's not clear now, 3GN is trying to separate itself from USPSA in every way. That's a good thing. Way more local 3 Gun matches now. Things change. Adapt.

HeMan should stay for obvious reasons, then perhaps "fat and blind" for open, "extra ordinary" for limited, then "ordinary" for factory. Or 8/15/30, 8+/15+/30+, don't forget HeMan and "fat and blind" once again.

So far all I have had to do is cut a 4" dowel for my shotgun tube to make both factory and limited (or whatever the correct name is). I don't shoot "fat and blind" yet but probably should.

Factory set up. attachicon.gifFactory.jpg

Colt SP1.

Glock 17.

Beretta 1301 8+1.

I would venture to say that a whole bunch of people own these guns or very close to it. It is not complicated. Unless you want it to be.

How about these instead;

18" JP 15 with LM and ULW buffer, Prismatic, and x products x-15 50 round magazine

Infinity 9mm with 140mm mags downloaded to 15

Triangle sports M2 plugged at 8

Not complicated at all. And fully within the current rules. Again, I don't care who has what equipment, the rules are the rules, if I like them I will play, if not I will take my bat and my ball and play somewhere else.

If there was one within a 6 hour drive I would give it a whirl. Especially if it featured long hard stages with lots of movement and a high round count. The longer the time spent on the stages the further I am willing to travel. Closest one to me that I am aware of is in St George, thats a 16 hour pull for me and my dance card is pretty full right now. I was just trying to point out that "Factory" is just a renamed and slightly retooled limited, not some sort of production 3 gun.

Factory set up. attachicon.gifFactory.jpg

Colt SP1.

Glock 17.

Beretta 1301 8+1.

I would venture to say that a whole bunch of people own these guns or very close to it. It is not complicated. Unless you want it to be.

How about these instead;

18" JP 15 with LM and ULW buffer, Prismatic, and x products x-15 50 round magazine

Infinity 9mm with 140mm mags downloaded to 15

Triangle sports M2 plugged at 8

Not complicated at all. And fully within the current rules. Again, I don't care who has what equipment, the rules are the rules, if I like them I will play, if not I will take my bat and my ball and play somewhere else.

Sounds like a good combo to me.

Down loading an Infinity to 15 should call anyones masculinity/femininity into question. I tried to down load several Triangle guns and ALL of them slapped me around and said to never try that again! Funny thing though the shotgun kind of liked it.....I wonder if it was made by Benny or Derrick?