Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any overly tall shooters out there?

6'8" 240. So anything less then a 38 inseem will be high water city when I move. It's a constant struggle in life. I HATE clothes shopping/shoe shopping with a passion! All of the 5.11 rarely go to a 36. What I may end up doing is get a decent pair of unhemmed sp? Pants and just sew on extra length. Sucks but ya do what ya gotta do

6'6" and 280 lbs checking in here. It's not just pants I have trouble with, it's everything. Ear protection needs to be behind the head to fit. Rudy Projects are too small. My grips on my gun are too small, shoes, hats, etc. Everything is a hassle.

I'm only 6'4"/195 so it's not that hard for me, but I must question the necessity of tactical pants for competition shooting. If you want durable, just get some Duluth or Carhartt pants. Standard cargo pockets hold more crap than you should carry on a COF anyway.

I'm 6'2" and just under 300 pounds. ( not rolly poly by any means) i wear 40 32 pants. sometimes 34. but the crotch just never gives me enough room to stretch. my jeans are always ripping the crotch out of them, 511's hold back speet on squats, etc. I have not tried the vertex yet, but definitley need something to be able to get down in. and take big steps.... maybe it's time for parachute pants! .... or that kilt i have been dared to wear a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if the lengths go long enough for you deformed monsters, but Crye pants have stretch panels in great places. I'm at the opposite end, 5'1" and have to have Crye shortened and the crotch taken in, but love them. Thank goodness for the ladies at the local fabric store!