Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max M.

Onepocket

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

............if water pistols were a division, I am sure Max would be a winner..........

Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas for yet another division.

Water Pistol Division -

Water Pistol Optics Division -

Production Water Pistol Division -

It's too scary to think about!

Now if Vogel, Dave and Nils would switch to PRODUCTION in 2015 I'm buying popcorn for everyone. :)

With a stand alone production nationals, I wouldn't bet against them making an appearance.

@ Bruce Gray. You must have some kind of internet mojo beacon jedi knight magic. Every single post I see about the P320, you have some kind of teaser comment. I personally am foaming at the mouth in anticipation of the "kit" you guys are working so hard on. I saw your post about a January deadline. Man, I can't wait! The first gun I ever purchased was a Sig P226 in 9mm. I carried a P226 in 40 for a duty weapon when I was a cop. I have been waiting a very long time for Sig to make this P320. I walked in to a shop that had the C and FS in stock, handled them both, and purchased both on the spot! Sig has something VERY special here. This gun reminds me of how I felt when I held the Sig P228 for the very first time.

As far as reviews go on the P320, It's awesome. That's all that needs to be said. I have done trigger work on mine and from the very tip of the trigger it breaks right at 4 lbs with a Lyman trigger pull gauge. From the middle of the trigger it is of course heavier, but it feels a lot lighter due to the mechanics and ergonomics of the grip/trigger combo. My guns broke at 7 lbs 14 oz brand new. They didn't feel nearly that heavy and they both shot exceptionally well. For a duty weapon, nothing really needs changed, but for competition a lighter trigger is definitely welcomed. It is most certainly not a deal breaker shooting the gun stock. It feels 10 times better than any stock Glock or M&P trigger, of which I own and shoot both by the way. The sight radius is identical to my 1911's. Ergos are better. High bore axis is tainted Kool-Aid talk. This gun is a very soft, flat shooting gun. The stock recoil springs eat up my bunny fart 147 loads without ANY issues. My M&P and Glocks won't shoot my reloads without spring mods. I have about 600 rounds through mine and they have been 100% perfection. I will be competing this weekend with my FS for the first time. I was delayed in trying to figure out gear issues. I was able to modify my Comp-Tac Glock mag pouches to get them to work with my P320 mags, and I'm good to go now. REALLY looking forward to this.

• 2 months later...

If you build it they will come....

Overall Results for Pistol Production

Match Name: 2013 Production National Championship

Match Date: 10/16/13

Results Uploaded: 10/19/13 - 6:22 PM

Host Club USPSA PRESIDENT (US01)

Organization: USPSA

Additional Info: Show Stage Profiles

Place Name USPSA Comp # Class PF Lady Mil Law Age Match Pts Match %

1 ERIC GRAUFFEL TYF38440 345 GM Minor 1785.5660 100.000%

2 BEN STOEGER A54313 52 GM Minor 1691.4830 94.731%

3 DAVE SEVIGNY A42164 93 GM Minor 1669.2557 93.486%

4 ROBERT LEATHAM L684 134 GM Minor 1634.6222 91.546%

5 SONNY MORTON A51936 126 GM Minor 1566.2709 87.718%

6 MATTHEW MINK L2627 40 GM Minor 1564.9867 87.647%

7 JJ RACAZA L3137 3 M Minor 1563.9799 87.590%

8 KALE GARRETSON A57016 113 GM Minor 1523.7424 85.337%

9 SHANE COLEY A51938 318 M Minor 1520.9309 85.179%

10 KC EUSEBIO A36570 357 GM Minor 1514.9908 84.847%

11 SHANNON SMITH TY38969 359 GM Minor 1510.8584 84.615%

12 CHRIS TILLEY L3042 362 M Minor 1503.4323 84.199%

13 FRANK GARCIA L292 10 GM Minor 1492.5011 83.587%

14 PHIL STRADER RD5 351 GM Minor 1480.3509 82.907%

15 MICHAEL SEEKLANDER TY30288 319 GM Minor 1474.2755 82.566%

16 CHUCK ANDERSON L2983 30 GM Minor

Edited by cnote

• 5 weeks later...

Nils shot production for a long time in the past with a Glock 34. I think it's the second division he made GM with after Revo. Nils could win Nationals in any division he chooses, just depends if he is able to get to Production Nats.

Nils shot production for a long time in the past with a Glock 34. I think it's the second division he made GM with after Revo. Nils could win Nationals in any division he chooses, just depends if he is able to get to Production Nats.

I think Ben would probably still be the favorite seeing how he hasn't been beaten by a U.S. shooter at Nationals in 3-4 years...or definitely Eric if he decides to come back and shoot again.

Edited by Prov1x

I had a thought about Max and the new 320 is max campaigning the 320 in production because its the best gun Sig makes for production or because Sig wants to promote that model? I ask because given the current trend in production division of heavy steel DA/SA guns wouldn't the X5 be a "better" platform?

I had a thought about Max and the new 320 is max campaigning the 320 in production because its the best gun Sig makes for production or because Sig wants to promote that model? I ask because given the current trend in production division of heavy steel DA/SA guns wouldn't the X5 be a "better" platform?

Do you really think that Sig puts much thought or effort into optimizing a production blaster for USPSA shooting? That would be a very poor business decision as there are MAYBE 500 USPSA shooters nation wide that would buy one for that specific purpose.

Its a much more effective business model to make a gun for the masses that your average Joe plinker would find appealing to buy and shoot. Doing that would generate tens of thousands of them to be sold and stocked in local gun stores all over the nation.

If Max ends up competing in Production with the new Sig 320 that is nothing more than icing on the cake for them from a marketing perspective.

Max has already shot several matches with the P320 in production division. I have it on good authority that SIG are working on a competition model of the P320 platform so that it can compete with other tuned platforms like CZ etc.

Things they'd be adding to the competition model are things like a better trigger, the current production model has a 5lb trigger pull where as the competition model will have about a 2lb pull.

Cha Lee

I agree that's why I posed the question.

On another point it kind of shows how little the top shooters really worry about the gun. If Max is willing to campaign a plastic striker fired pistol (even one with a decent trigger) over a heavy steel DA/SA gun also from his sponsor then it kind of debunks the you need a xxxx pistol to be competitive myth.

Max is capable of winning with a red rider BB gun. I wish I had a company like Sig behind me with unlimited Ammo to shoot. If he does start winning will the sheep throw down there steel guns and get a P320??? I think a lot will.

Both. I LOVE to shoot. Lately, I have been giving myself a lot of rounds and my speed and fundamentals have been increasingly improving. I think rounds down range are huge when it comes to improving. You just can't sell rounds or self motivation in a book, video or lessons.

IIRC the Sig X5 is a SA only gun so not Prod legal. That said the price point of the 320 is really where the appeal comes in

Max has already shot several matches with the P320 in production division. I have it on good authority that SIG are working on a competition model of the P320 platform so that it can compete with other tuned platforms like CZ etc.

Things they'd be adding to the competition model are things like a better trigger, the current production model has a 5lb trigger pull where as the competition model will have about a 2lb pull.

What matches? I'd love to check them out on Practiscore if you have a link. Always wondered how Max would do in that pool

IIRC the Sig X5 is a SA only gun so not Prod legal. That said the price point of the 320 is really where the appeal comes in

What matches? I'd love to check them out on Practiscore if you have a link. Always wondered how Max would do in that pool

They arw not all single action.

From the list

P226 X-Five All Around (45.2 oz.),

https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=83CB8320-9C4E-4759-B1A8-0C2E92BD099B&page=overall-combined

• 7 months later...

Please everyone who are sponsored Sig shooters put a disclaimer before their posts? Thanks.

Disclaimer: I am a sponsored shooter from SIG - Not that it's hard to tell from my profile picture.

There you go. I hope it makes a difference for you. I am not paid by SIG to post (or shoot for that matter) and the opinions I post are my own. I prefer any statement I add to stand on its own versus having to cite affiliation or classification standings to demonstrate value. SIG has some cool things brewing and I wish I could say more.