Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 builders

FireShooter

another vote for Cheely, Matt has built over 20 guns for me and they have all been reliable, rock solid performers

20???

I don't know if it's quite 20 yet, seems like it though. Adam has an addiction...

Sounds like he needs a Cheely punch card. Buy 20 get the 21st free....
That would be awesome. A Cheely rewards card!

What's in your wallet?

All I can say is that it's worth the wait. I've seen guys get into off the shelf guns that always need work to get 100% reliable. For the difference in money and time, a full-custom gun that's had lots of love is totally worth it. For a specific gunsmith recommendation, I'm extremely happy with my Akai guns. I've completed 2 full seasons with my single stacks and they have been flawless. I recently got an Akai limited gun and it's even better. Yes, I'm on the Akai team, so I'm going to recommend them even more, but it's only because I believe in the accuracy, reliability and bad-ass looks of the product.

As we all know, the community of shooters is very helpful and generous, so ask around locally and try to shoot as many different guns as you can try out. Then, you'll know which one felt the best to you. If you're in the Atlanta area, I can round up a number of different guns from different smiths for you.

I have tried many different builds and builders, by far, Akai is my fav. Not only is the gun awesome but when you have questions, Shay time and time again answers my questions quickly, even in the middle of the night....or on wknds

If you dont want to wait for a build, I know Shay has some used guns you can get ur hands on...But the wait is worth it

another vote for Cheely, Matt has built over 20 guns for me and they have all been reliable, rock solid performers

20???

I don't know if it's quite 20 yet, seems like it though. Adam has an addiction...

What's in your wallet?

Nothing but dust. Matt has it all. :D

Been shooting an Akai standard gun for the last couple years. The gun has treated me well and dealing with Shay was/is super easy.

It was the first custom gun I've had built and he was good enought to walk me through the options and what would work best for me.

Since awesome customer service keeps coming up I might as well throw this out there. Matt Cheely had always been exceptional in that department as well but he will go way above and beyond for his customers. I was shooting the Ohio State match this year when my slide cracked. Matt happened to be there. He asked me how the gun was running and I told him it just had a slide crack. I told him it was such bad timing as I was shooting Area 5 in about 3 weeks. He took my gun home over Memorial Day weekend, put a new slide on it, and had it back to me in less than a week. And since the slide was a QC issue from STI he didn't charge me anything but a small fee for milling and fitting. He paid the shipping as well.

That is why he is my gun builder.

20???

What's in your wallet?

Hell if I was a builder who had a client drop $60k or more on pistols I'd build him that 21st free of charge as a thank you for business without a doubt. :surprise:

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, DrewPetree said:

Brazzos Custom

I think you win the award for having the last post in each thread on the first 2 pages of the forum, and also the award for bumping threads from 2002. All this im guessing so you gain access to the classifieds.

12 minutes ago, SpaceMan said:

I think you win the award for having the last post in each thread on the first 2 pages of the forum, and also the award for bumping threads from 2002. All this im guessing so you gain access to the classifieds.

There is no other reason for a newb to flood the forums.

45 minutes ago, SpaceMan said:

lol glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. I was expecting his next post to be something forsale in the classifieds.